Visiting Scholar / Artist of Color Program
As part of UW-L’s vision that diversity is central to providing and retaining a quality learning environment and sense of world community at the University, UW-L endeavors to bring four or more scholars/artists of color to campus a year. The purpose of a larger number of shorter visits (rather than semester-long programs) serves to increase the program's visibility on campus and increase the potential representation of individuals across the university.
Members of the academic staff of UW-L may nominate individuals to visit campus during the academic year. A primary goal is significant interaction with students, faculty and staff by the visiting scholar/artist. Travel costs and honoraria may be requested in the grant application (see below).
Deadlined: Proposals (Digital Measures) due to email@example.com on
- For fall semester scholars: second Monday in July
- For spring semester scholars: first Monday in December
Next Deadline: Monday, July 14, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
- Guidelines / Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Documents that you will need to upload to Digital Measures...
- Proposal narrative - please refer to the RFP for proposal requirements
- Budget - if you make
changes to the budget template, please be sure to verify
the formulas. IMPORTANT NOTES:
- This is a universal budget template.
- Not all categories listed will be allowable for Visiting Scholar/Artist of Color Grants.
- Please refer to the RFP for allowable expenses.
- Budget narrative - please refer to the
- Having trouble with the grant submission process? Please
scroll to the bottom of the screen for an instructional video.
- The uploading process comes first in the video
- Approximately 5:15 into the video, it demonstrates report generation
- Information for Deans / Division Heads - no
signatures required as of Fall 2013
- PIs should provide you with their proposal so that you may review it
- If you approve, communicate your approval (verbally, email, etc) to the PI
- When they upload their proposals, PIs will initial that you have approved
- When they submit their proposals, you will be copied on that email
- If you receive an email for a proposal that you have not seen and/or approved, you may contact ORSP at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that the proposal be withdrawn from consideration.
Please email email@example.com or contact the Provost's Office at 785-8042 if you have questions.