Wisconsin ESEA Improving Teacher Quality Program (WITQ)
The University of Wisconsin System administers the Wisconsin ESEA Title II Improving Teacher Quality Program. This is a competitive grants program for increasing student achievement in the arts, civics and government, economics, English, foreign languages, geography, history, mathematics, reading or language arts, and science, by improving the teaching and principal quality at the K-12 level in Wisconsin's public and private schools. The funds will provide grants to eligible partnerships.
The funds for this program are part of a large block grant from the U.S. Department of Education which is awarded to each state. 2.5% of the total block grant is made to the Wisconsin Agency for Higher Education (University of Wisconsin System) to make competitive subgrants.
Priorities for the 2014 competition are (1.) improvement in
student’s achievement in common
core reading/language arts, common core mathematics, Next Generation Science Standards, and increasing the quality of teaching in all core subjects for ALL students, (2.) improvement of collaboration between school districts, higher education content faculty, and teacher education faculty and (3.) creating K-12 content area teacher leaders.
- Intent to submit proposal email - Friday, July 11, 2014
- Full proposal:
- UWS Grant Transmittal form required - allow time for routing
- UW-La Crosse deadline - Wednesday, September 3, 2014
- UW System deadline - Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
Proposal Components - see website / RFP for details
- Cover page - use document template (2014 Proposal Pages Template.doc) provided on the ESEA webpage "forms"
- Abstract - use document template (2014 Proposal Pages Template.doc) provided on the ESEA webpage "forms"
- Proposal narrative - pages 3 - 17
- Summary table - page 18
- Signed eligible partnership documentation
- Collaboration documentation
- SR-50 estimate form
- One page vita for each of the key personnel
- Detailed budget explanation
- Budget summary for March 1, 2015 - July 31, 2016 - use the budget template (2014 Budget Template.excel) provided on the ESEA webpage "forms"
- For grant details, please see the Wisconsin ESEA Title II Improving Teacher Quality Program website
- Contact person - UW-L: Melissa Nielsen - firstname.lastname@example.org (785-8050)
- Contact person - UWS: Phil Makurat - email@example.com - (262-215-4616)