Wisconsin ESEA Improving Teacher Quality Program (WITQ)
The University of Wisconsin System administers the Wisconsin ESEA Title II Improving Teacher Quality Program. This is a competitive grants program for increasing student achievement in the arts, civics and government, economics, English, foreign languages, geography, history, mathematics, reading or language arts, and science, by improving the teaching and principal quality at the K-12 level in Wisconsin's public and private schools. The funds will provide grants to eligible partnerships.
The funds for this program are part of a large block grant from the U.S. Department of Education which is awarded to each state. 2.5% of the total block grant is made to the Wisconsin Agency for Higher Education (University of Wisconsin System) to make competitive subgrants.
Priorities for the 2013 competition are (1.) improvement in
student’s achievement in common
core reading/language arts, common core mathematics, common core science, and increasing the quality of teaching in all core subjects for ALL students, and (2.) improvement of collaboration between school districts, higher education content faculty, and teacher education faculty.
- Intent to submit proposal email - Friday, September 27, 2013
- copy email@example.com on this email
- Full proposal:
Proposal Components - see website / RFP for details
- Cover page - use document template (2013 Proposal Pages Template.doc) provided on the ESEA website for all required components
- Proposal narrative
- Summary table
- Budget summary for March 1, 2014 - July 31, 2015
- Budget explanation
- SR-50 estimates
- Collaboration documentation
- Eligible partnership documentation
- Specific information, including budgets for any additional years, progress indicators and one page CV's, depending on number of years for which funding is requested
- For grant details, please see the Wisconsin ESEA Title II Improving Teacher Quality Program website
- Contact person - UW-L: Peg Maher - firstname.lastname@example.org (785-8039)
- Contact person - UWS: Phil Makurat - email@example.com - (262-215-4616)