Solid Waste Research Program - Student Applications
Proposals are sought for research into alternative methods of solid waste disposal, including the reduction of the amount of solid waste generated, the reuse and recycling of materials, composting, source separation and the disposal of household hazardous waste. Research proposals may consider the environmental effects of the technologies being researched and measures that could be taken to mitigate such effects. Applied research designed to provide benefits to persons who generate solid waste and to public and private entities responsible for collection, storage, transportation, treatment or disposal of solid waste, is encouraged. Proposals are also sought for projects that will develop products or increase markets for products made from recycled materials.
Joint proposals in which industrial, business, or
Joint proposals in which industrial, business, or governmentalorganizations collaborate with UW System faculty or staff in addressing these issues are especially encouraged and will be given special consideration. In such joint proposals, the organization is strongly encouraged to provide resources in the form of direct monetary or in-kind contributions in support of the proposed research projects.
Deadlines for Student Applications:
- UW-La Crosse deadline - one week prior to System deadline to 220 Morris Hall
- UW System deadline - April 2013, date to be announced
- submit electronically to Eileen Norby at email@example.com
Proposal Components - see website for RFP and application form
- Cover sheet - last page of RFP
- Faculty / academic staff advisor letter
- Letter(s) of support from collaborators (if any)
- Institutional endorsement - contact Bob Hoar early in your planning process
- For grant details, please see the Solid Waste Research Programs website
- Contact person - UW-L: Peg Maher - firstname.lastname@example.org (785-8039)
- Contact person - UWS: Eileen Norby - email@example.com