Reassignment Time Grant (RTG)
The joint UW-System-WiSys Reassignment Time Grant program offers limited funds to System faculty to exclusively support faculty time to write extramural grant applications. Funding may be requested for any discipline, but preference will be given for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics applications.
Applications will reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Grants will be limited to a maximum of $3,500, with contributions for this total being made by UW System, WiSys, and the faculty's campus.
Since this grant has a required institutional match, please talk to your chair and dean early in your planning process. Your dean can contact the Provost on your behalf to ensure funds are available.
- UW-La Crosse
- UWS Grant Transmittal form required - allow time for routing
- UW-La Crosse deadline - due to ORSP (220 Morris Hall) 10 calendar days prior to your planned submission date
- ORSP will route to Provost for signature
- UW System submission deadlines:
- No specific deadlines currently exist, but applicants are encouraged to apply without delay as funds are limited.
- UW System submission process
- submit electronically per RFP request and email a copy to email@example.com
- or mail a copy to address in RFP - must be received by due date - hard copy of final submitted version of the grant to 220 Morris
Proposal Components - see WiSys website for details
- Use proposal template and campus signature page on the website
- For grant details, please see the WiSys website
- For grant summary, please see the Reassignment Time Grant website
- Contact person - UW-L: Peg Maher - firstname.lastname@example.org (785-8039)
- Contact person - WiSys: general office number (608-263-2819)