A leave of absence without pay may be granted when the leave is mutually beneficial to both the employee and the department/unit. Leave of absences must be requested in advance. Leave requests for up to two weeks may be granted by the immediate supervisor and dean/division officer. When an employee plans to take a leave without pay for more than two weeks which is not covered under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), a “Leave Without Pay Request/Authorization” form must be filled out. Employees should contact Human Resources for procedural information.