Annual W-2 tax statements
An annual W-2 tax statement is generated for each employee during the month of January for earnings paid in the previous calendar year. The information below will help employees to find their annual statements.
Please see the UW System Tax Filing Resources webpage for an explanation and overview of the W-2 tax statement. Contact your payroll coordinator for additional assistance.
- Mail: the W-2 will be mailed to the employee's home address during the last week of January. Update your home address using the portal before mid-December to ensure your W-2 is mailed to the correct address.
- My UW System portal: the most recent W-2 and several years prior are available on the portal. Use these instructions for finding your W-2 on the portal.
- Prior year tax statement request: duplicate W-2's from previous years that are not available on the portal may be requested online for a small fee.
- Mail: the W-2 will be mailed to the employee's home address during the last week of January. Ensure that HR has your current home address by sending an email to your payroll coordinator.
- Request a duplicate: contact your payroll coordinator or complete the UW System request form to receive a duplicate copy of your W-2 statement.
Who to contact:
Mark Flottmeier is your contact for student employees payroll information.
Megan Stauffacher is your contact for faculty, academic staff, and graduate assistant payroll information.
Beth Hill is your contact for university staff payroll information.