International Education & Engagement
International Engagement Scholarship - "I-Engage"
Every semester International Education & Engagement allocates money to students who are greatly involved in educating others about their home country/culture or who wish to study abroad while maintaining a high GPA. The money for these scholarships comes from the Student Association and the UW System Fund. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist students who pay out-of-state tuition (for international students) or to encourage international awareness (for domestic students).
Focus: Develop intercultural understanding and communication through participating in campus and community events
Scholarship Awards: $250 - $2000
Fall Semester: December 1 Spring Semester: May 1
- STUDY ABROAD STUDENTS: Fall semester deadline is for the following Winter Intersession and Spring study abroad programs and Spring Semester deadline is for summer, fall and academic year study abroad programs.
- Applicants will be notified via UWL email regarding the outcome of their application, including the amount of scholarship awarded by Janurary 1 for fall submissions and May 1 for spring submissions.
- Scholarship awards will appear on student bills the semester following the application submission.
Eligibility: Current full-time UWL undergraduate (2.5 GPA) or graduate students (3.0 GPA) who meet one of the following criteria (not based on financial need):
- F-1 degree-seeking international student (including ESL) who is not government sponsored
- Study abroad student planning to participate in a UWL approved program during the following term
Application & Resume Sample
To submit an application please download the application and turn it in with the required documentation.
Are there any exceptions to receiving the scholarship?
Yes, graduate students whose out-of-state tuition has been waived may not be eligible for the scholarship.
Where do I find out about office events?
Each semester an email is sent within the first 3-4 weeks outlining opportunities for the semester (only UWL student e-mail addresses are used). Regular updates will follow thereafter. Sign-up sheets for various activities are available at the front desk of IEE. There are always numerous opportunities available to interested students who want to participate. Opportunities are offered September – November (fall semester) and February – April (spring semester).
Can International Students receive financial aid?
International students are not eligible to receive federal financial aid. As part of the F-1 visa requirements, international students must have the financial means to pay for tuition, fees, housing, meals and insurance for each term.