- Without an Antivirus software your computer can become severely infected.
These infections can install programs, steal information,
slow down, and limit your access to the internet and other
aspects of your computer.
- Although you have an Antivirus on your computer please
understand that your computer may still become infected.
- The University recommends that all Windows Operating
Systems have an Antivirus installed on them for accessing
the campus network.
- Faculty and Staff have access to download Symantec AntiVirus Software on to their office and personal
- Further information about obtaining Symantec
AntiVirus can be found here.
Please Note: Students
do not have access to this software.
- A few free Antivirus options for
Students, Staff, and
Faculty include, but are not limited to:
- If you are interested in obtaining Antivirus Software
for a Mac a few free options include, but are not limited
- Another option would be to purchase an Antivirus program
from a software retail store.
Please Note: It
is not safe to install two Antivirus
programs on your computer at the same time. This can
interfere with all functions of your computer.
and Malware Removal
- The Support Center uses a few useful programs to remove
harmful programs and files from computers.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a scanning tool which
finds and removes infected files from your machine.
- CCleaner is a free tool that can be used to clean up
the files on your Windows PC.
- There are a few online scanners that we also recommend.