UW- L JAZZ FESTIVAL
1) Upon your arrival at UW-L, only the director should enter the Cartwright Center
to register. You will be assigned a student guide who will assist you and your students to the unloading and storage room areas.
2) Buses should unload on East Avenue in the circle drive in front of the building, but may not park there. This is a no parking
zone. All university lots on weekends are free of charge. Jazzfest is not
responsible for parking violations. Busses should park along Badger
street. This street is closed to public traffic, busses only.
3) Storage rooms are for equipment only. These rooms will be locked at all times to
safety of your school’s belongings. These rooms can only be opened with permission of the director.
Storage rooms are availble 1 hour prior to your warm up time and will need to be vacated after your performance time. Please be sure to inform your bus driver of the times you need to load/unload. UW-L is not responsible for the equipment or anything left in the room while it is in use. Your students should keep their valuables with them.
4) We provide the following equipment in each performance venue and request you use it and not your own. It will make it easier on your group and on our staff to keep things on schedule.
Drum Set - 5 Piece with 3 cymbal stands (no cymbals), Hi hat (w/cymbals), b.d. pedal, and throne. These sets are DW and Yamaha.
Bass Amplifer - SWR or Euphonics Audio
Guitar Amplifer - Fender, Roland or Polytone
please bring your own guitar cables
5)Our University Food Service is opening just for you. Service locations and times are:
Orange Mango(coffee, smoothies, muffins, etc.) - 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Cellar (burgers, sandwiches etc.) 10:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
The Galley, Trattoria (Pizza and Pasta Bar). 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m .- 7:00 p.m.
6) No loitering is allowed in the hallways. The hallways become congested as performing groups move from one area to another. Please
encourage students to listen to other groups and attend the workshops.
7) There is absolutely NO SMOKING in any building on the UW-L Campus.
8) Food and drinks are not permitted in the performing area, storage rooms, or
They are allowed in the lobby areas only.
9) Scores are not posted for other bands to view during the festival. Only the
highest scoring groups in each division will be announced after the clinic. The
top scoring groups in each division will be invited to play in the final concert.
Individual scores are available only to that group’s director at the end of the
10) The Jazz Fest staff works very hard to keep everything running on time. Please
arrive on time and comply as close as possible with all schedules so that each
group may have their full time to warm-up and perform.
The Jazz Fest staff is here to make sure you are very comfortable.
If you need assistance, feel free to ask any of the volunteers for information.
Thank you and enjoy your day at UW-L.