Wittich Hall was built in 1916 and is the original physical education building on campus. The building has been renovated for extensive use in the preparation of special/adapted physical education teachers and therapeutic recreation specialists. These graduates work with a variety of individuals with disabilities. Wittich Hall hosts many community service and continuing education offerings such as youth sport programs in gymnastics and swimming, leisure counseling, and special populations exercise and motor development programs.
Wittich Hall, the Physical Education Building of the La Crosse State Normal School, was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on April 11, 1985. A metal plaque is installed at the southeast entrance to the building to acknowledge this designation.