Housing Database Instructions
For any UW-L student who is looking for a subleaser or looking for housing, you can start searching and posting NOW through the googledocs app via your UW-L e-mail account!!
Instructions to access the Study Abroad Housing Database:
1. Log-in to your UW-L e-mail account; click on the Documents heading on the top left-hand corner.
2. Once this tab is open, type in either "Study
Abroad Housing_Subleasers Needed" -OR-"Study
Abroad Housing_Housing Needed" into the
Search Box, and then click on the drop-down
arrow to the right of the search icon and
select "All UW-La Crosse Docs"
then "Search" .
(Hint: Those looking to sublet, type in the first option. Those who need housing, type in the second option.)
3. After you click "Search", an editable spreadsheet should open up. You can either SEARCH or ADD your information to the spreadsheet. DO NOT EDIT OR CHANGE INFORMATION THAT IS NOT YOUR OWN.
4. If you added information to the database, please remember to SAVE the document before you close it.
HINTS/TIPS for Individuals who need subleasers:
1. Be sure to post up as much information as you can, or are comfortable enough to share.
2. Make sure you SAVE the information after you have finished listing it on the database.
3. Wait for people to contact you, or if you find a compatible individual from the list of those who need housing, feel free to contact them.
4. Finalize your agreement, AND make sure your landlord knows what is happening.
5. Once you have found a subleaser, REMOVE your information from the database. (Right-click on your listing, then click "delete row.")
HINTS/TIPS for Individuals who need housing:
1. Look through all the available listings.(If you are posting information on the housing needed database, be sure to post up as much information as possible, or are comfortable enough to share.)
2. Contact people if you find a listing that interests you. In some cases, some individuals may contact you if you seem like a match for their place.
3. Set up a time to look at the place and meet the roommates (highly suggested if you are back in the United States/local area)
4. Negotiate the sublease and other necessary details such as actual lease period, move in/move out dates, etc. (make sure the landlord knows what's going on).
5. Once you've found or secured housing, REMOVE your listing from the database. (Right-click on your listing, then click "delete row.")
REMEMBER THAT ALL OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU SHARE/POST CAN BE VIEWED BY ALL UW-L STUDENTS, FACULTY, AND STAFF. We ask that you be conscientious about what you post and how you work with other students or individuals with regards to housing.
If you should have any further questions, please feel free to contact the Study Abroad Office at: email@example.com or 608.785.8016.