Dream Careers Internships
UW-L has joined with Dream Careers as an affiliate partner to expand our internship opportunities for students. Dream Careers is the premier internship program provider, offering thousands of internships from the most coveted companies. Create your own internship success, by taking advantage of their internship placement guarantee. Start by choosing your city and your industry of interest, and they will match you with an industry expert who will introduce you to companies and guide you through the hiring process.
Dream Careers offers English and non-English speaking internships in locations such as Barcelona, Hong Kong, and London, during the summer months. These placements are approximately six weeks in length.
PROGRAM FEE AND PAYMENTS
UW-L students are exempted from paying the Dream Careers application fee. (Visit the OIE Office for the waiver code.) Students are required to pay the initial deposit directly to Dream Careers. The remaining program fee will be billed to your UW-L student account and can be paid as you normally pay your tuition bill. The program fee includes the following: (UW participants add a $600 administrative fee.)
- Guaranteed Internship Placement
- Prime Housing Location
- Exclusive Employer Access
- Transportation to and from work
- Planned Events
- Career Seminars & Networking
- Professionally Revised Resume
- Expert Interview Coaching
- 24/7 Onsite Staff Assistance
- Welcome Reception
- Closing Ceremony
- Program Gifts
- Contract Academic Course Credit
- Lifetime Alumni Networking Events
- And More!
The UW-L Administrative Fee includes the following:
- Pre-payment of program fees on your behalf
- Preparation of Financial Aid Budgets
- Orientation to Study Abroad Class*
- Registration while abroad in INS 300: Foreign Study to maintain your registration at UW-L
- Transfer of Credit Processing
- International Health Insurance (as mandated by UW System)
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
- Study Abroad Graduation Sash
Airfare is not included in the program price.
Financial Aid is applicable to program fees.
*Students are required to participate in the one credit INS 250 Orientation class the semester prior to the start of their internship. Students must make room in their schedule to accommodate this additional credit. [Those students who have studied abroad previously are exempt from this requirement.]
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Dream Careers Internships
Office of International Education
1209 Centennial Hall
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
1725 State Street
La Crosse, WI 54601 USA