Online Course Development Funding Program
Introduction: The purpose of this program is to help UW-L expand online course offerings by providing financial assistance and instructional support to faculty and instructional academic staff to develop online courses.
Funding amount: $1,000 per credit (up to $4,000).
is eligible to apply:
Funding proposal procedures:
- complete the online course funding request cover page
- complete the online course funding request narrative section
- provide a letter of support from your Department Chair
- email 1, 2, and 3 to the Director of Online Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal evaluation criteria: Your online course development funding request will be evaluated with the following criteria:
- Clarity and scope of the student learning outcomes of the class.
- Quality and scope of the methods used to assess the course student learning outcomes.
- The overall impact the project will have on UW-L.
- Quality of the proposed online unit/module.
- Appropriateness of the D2L tools and additional technologies used to teach the class.
Funding Conditions: If you receive funds to develop an online course the expectation will be that you fully develop an online class prior to receiving payment. As part of the process you will be required to:
- Meet with a UW-L Center for Advancing Teaching and Learning (CATL) Instructional Designer prior to initiating the development of your course and
- After your course is developed but before it is offered, have your course reviewed by the Director of Online Education and Instructional Designers in CATL using the UW-L Online Course Evaluation Guidelines .
Contact for More Information: If you have questions please contact Brian Udermann, the Director of Online Education, at email@example.com.
information and application materials can be found
here (Word document).