The MS PAS program application process includes both a CASPA application and a required Supplemental Application for the UW-L - Gundersen - Mayo PA Program. The rigor, intensity of this program, and the skills and responsibility necessary for practice as a physician assistant require the program to seek applicants with a strong academic background, along with refined interpersonal skills and maturity. Prior healthcare experience is also an indicator of a career commitment to clinical practice. The program's admission process will consider each applicant's strengths and select for admission those applicants best qualified to meet the program's mission.
To be considered for an interview all references, transcripts and GRE scores must be submitted to CASPA by August 1. The Supplemental Application must be submitted to UW-L by August 1 as well. CASPA stops accepting materials after the deadline and the program also deactivates the Supplemental Application link.
Factors considered in the interview selection include the following:
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) as calculated by CASPA (3.00 minimum required)
- Science GPA as calculated by CASPA (3.00 minimum required)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores.
The admission selection process includes the following:
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) as calculated by CASPA
- Science GPA as calculated by CASPA
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
- Written application including references
- Background predictive of potential for future practice in the service areas of the program's partner institutions
- Knowledge of the PA profession and the profession's role in the healthcare system
- Interpersonal Skills
- Quality and extent of healthcare related experience.
Any offer of admission will be contingent on acceptance of the candidate by the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, Office of Admissions, and successful completion of all degrees and current course work, including prerequisites. Applicants need NOT make application for Graduate Admission to UW-L until AFTER the PA Program extends an offer of admission to the applicant.