In This Issue:
UW-L received 52 new international students from 18 countries this spring as compared to 29 last spring. In addition, over 500 UW-L students will have studied abroad by the end of the 2007-2008 academic year–up from 407 students last year. UW-L currently has over 275 international students on campus.
Student Research – DEADLINE EXTENDED!
There are several key deadlines regarding undergraduate and graduate research this coming spring.
- Friday, March 7: UW-L Celebration of Research & Creativity (note: earlier than in past years)
- Friday, April 25: UW System Symposium at UW-River Falls
In order to participate in either of the two events, students must submit an abstract using one of the below forms by NOON, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2008. This is the extended deadline for abstract submission to participate in any of the two events.
- Undergraduate Student Form: https://secure.uwlax.edu/surveys/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=745H7l6
- Graduate Student Form:
Faculty Diversity Research Awards
The Institute on Race and Ethnicity (IRE) is inviting proposals for four types of grants:
- Curriculum Development
- Campus Activities
- Faculty Diversity Research
Proposals must be sent in hard copy form and be postmarked no later than Monday, April 7, 2008. Please review www.uwm.edu/Dept/IRE for eligibility requirements and other details. Sarah Shillinger (Ethnic & Racial Studies) serves as UW-L’s IRE representative.
Grants Report Deadlines
If you have received one of the below grants in the last 18 months, please complete an online grant final report. The deadline for the report is February 15, 2008.
- Academic Staff Professional Development
- Faculty Development Grants
- Fund for Innovation in General Education
- Faculty Research Grants
- International Development Grants
Visit http://www.uwlax.edu/grants/pages/resources/final_report.htm for details and a link to the online report.