UW-L Graduate Course Catalog GIF image

Graduate Admissions

Scholarships, Awards & Short Term Loans

Admission Requirements

UW-La Crosse Foundation, Inc.

International Student Admissions

Veterans Benefits

Graduate Re-entry

Requirements for a Masters Degree

Special Non-Degree Students

Time Limits for Program/Degree Completion

Graduate Students - Academic Deficiencies

Second Masters Degree
Tuition and Fees Degree Capstone Options (Thesis, etc.)

Installment Billing

Continuous Registration Policy
Segregated Fees Research Involving Human Subjects
Financial Aid Graduate Student Awards
More Information and Questions Conferring of Degree

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Academic Regulations

Graduate Admissions  


Students seeking admission to graduate study must file an application with the university admissions office. Graduate applications may be submitted electronically at: www.apply.wisconsin.edu . In accordance with the University of Wisconsin System policies, graduate students applying to a graduate degree program must submit a $45 application fee. The application fee is non-refundable, does not apply to graduate tuition, and cannot be waived. If your enrollment is delayed, the application fee will apply to the next two consecutive terms including summer session. It is the student’s responsibility to make arrangements for transcripts of previously established academic records, bearing the official seal of the institution(s) where course work was taken, to be sent directly from the registrar of each institution to the UW-La Crosse Admissions Office.



Unconditional admission to graduate study may be granted to students who meet the following requirements:

1.  A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.

2.  (a) An overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.85 on a 4.00 scale, or (b) an average of at least 3.00 in the last half of all undergraduate work, or (c) an average of at least 3.00 for no fewer than 12 semester credits of graduate study at another accredited graduate institution. Some programs have higher GPA admission requirements. Item (c) is not applicable to the MBA program.

3.  Departmental or school/college approval to enter the graduate program chosen.

4.  Satisfactory scores on all tests required by program, department or college policy.

Admission on probation may be granted to students with undergraduate grade point averages below 2.85, who are otherwise qualified, if there is evidence of a student’s ability to do satisfactory graduate work. Students admitted on probation may be required by their graduate program director, to complete specified course work with a grade of “B” or better. These credits may or may not apply to the graduate degree, at the discretion of the program director.

(See Retention Standards, p. 22.)

All graduate level work, including courses taken at other accredited institutions, will be included in the computation of the grade point average for admission determination.


Admission procedures have been designed to assist international students who wish to earn graduate degrees at UW-L. An international admissions specialist in the Office of International Education coordinates the admission process of any applicant who is not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Interested students should request an application packet from:

Office of International Education

116 Graff Main Hall

1725 State Street

La Crosse, WI  54601 USA

Telephone: (608)785-8016

E-mail:  uwlworld@uwlax.edu

In addition to meeting the academic admission requirements, international students must also submit the following items to the Office of International Education:

1.  Graduate International Student Application form and required fees.

2.  Official academic records for post-secondary education with English translations.

3.  TOEFL score of 550 (213 computer-based.) This is not required for native speakers of English or for applicants currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in the United States.

4.  Certification of Financial Resources.

5.  GMAT result for applicants to the MBA program.

6.  GRE result if required.

Applicants granted admission to their degree program will be required to submit a non-refundable tuition deposit. Students will receive additional information regarding assistantship applications, on-campus housing, health examination requirements, and orientation.  


If students voluntarily interrupt university enrollment for one semester or longer (excluding summer) while in good academic standing, re-entry status may be granted by applying to the graduate program director, through the Office of Records and Registration. Applications should be made as early as possible but not later than one month prior to the beginning of the planned term of re-enrollment. Applications will be accepted until the enrollment limits have been reached.  



Students with a bachelor’s degree seeking to enroll in particular courses for which they are qualified but not wishing to pursue a graduate degree program, may be admitted with special non-degree student status. Special non-degree students either may receive academic credit for courses successfully completed or may choose to audit. Auditors usually are not responsible for attendance or exams and therefore do not receive academic credit or grades for completed courses.

                If special non-degree students decide to enter a degree program at a later date, they may be considered for admission provided they have maintained a “B” average in graduate work and have met all other program requirements. Not more than 12 credits earned as a special student (non-degree) status may be applied toward a degree program at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Further, deans and/or program directors/coordinators may accept or reject credit taken as a graduate special student.



Students with deficiencies, who have been provisionally admitted to a graduate program, may be classified with the appropriate special student designation, and, at such time as the deficiencies are removed, may be admitted to the graduate program with the appropriate graduate classification. Such students would be exempt from the “12 credits as a special student” restriction policy statement.  





The university establishes a fee schedule for each academic year. Current graduate tuition and fees are published in the registration class schedule for each academic term. If you have questions about fees, contact the Cashier’s Office or the Office of Admissions. A graduation fee of $15 will be assessed when a degree-seeking student has earned 20 or more degree credits. This is a one-time fee assessed regardless of whether or not students choose to attend the commencement ceremony. Additional fees may be required for certain programs. Information may be obtained from the Admissions Office, or from the program director in the academic area you wish to pursue. Special non-degree students pay tuition based on the level of each course being taken - i.e., graduate fees are assessed for 500, 600, 700, and 800 level course work. Graduate students pay graduate tuition and fees regardless of the level of the courses being taken. When acceptance into a graduate program has been granted and full graduate status is achieved, no student will be allowed to revert to a special non-degree student status to avoid paying graduate fees. The Board of Regents reserves the right to change tuition and fees without published notice.  



All students are required to pay a non-refundable $100 tuition deposit before registering for spring or fall classes. A deposit is not required for summer session or J Term.

                The balance of semester charges for tuition is due not later than the posted due date; however, the university also offers an installment credit plan. Under this plan, students receive a bill for their remaining charges. They may elect either to pay the bill in full without interest by the billing due date, or pay one-half of the balance due and be billed one month later for the remainder plus interest.

                Students who wish to use the payment plan must file an “Application for Installment Credit” form available in the Cashier’s Office, 121 Graff Main Hall. All students are urged to apply for the credit plan even though they may not intend to use it when they register for the first time. The agreement will cover all subsequent semester billings.

                Current billing information can be viewed on the TALON System at www.uwlax.edu by clicking Current Students. A Student ID# and PIN are required to access this electronic bill.

                Payment can be made electronically on the TALON System at www.uwlax.edu by clicking Current Students (PIN required) or Patents (no PIN required).


Note: There is no installment payment plan available for summer session or J Term enrollment.  




Students’ semester bills include a “Tuition and Fees” charge. The tuition charge is established by the Board of Regents. The fees charge is a segregated fee determined by the student government with the support of campus administration. It funds student services including the health center, student centers and the child care center and activities such as athletics, intramurals and other organized activities.


Textbooks for Graduate Students -

Graduate students must purchase textbooks for all 700 level courses in which they are enrolled; however, for 500 or 600 level course enrollment, (slash courses -graduate/undergraduate) textbooks may be available for rent from the Textbook Service for approximately $7.25 per credit. The rental fee for graduate students is collected at the time textbooks are checked out and is not included in the segregated fees.






The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse offers a wide array of merit-based, need-based and non-need based financial assistance for graduate students.



Need-Based Aid. Many financial aid programs are based on financial need as demonstrated by the application of a federal need-analysis formula to the student financial information provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Need-based programs include subsidized Federal Stafford Loans, Federal Perkins Loans, Federal Work-Study, Advanced Opportunity Program, Non-Resident Tuition Waivers and Native American Indian Grants.

Non-Need-Based Aid. Exceptions to the financial need requirement include unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans and alternative private bank loans for higher education.  

Merit-Based Aid. Graduate assistantships are merit-based and do not require the demonstration of financial need. Graduate scholarships are also merit-based and in most cases do not require financial need. International student scholarships are merit-based and subject to a special need analysis administered by the Office of International Education.  

Academic Requirements. Admission to the university is a prerequisite to consideration for financial aid. Special non-degree students are not eligible for aid unless they are working for a qualifying, approved license or certificate. Students must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress in order to receive aid. Full-time status is required for many programs; less-than-half-time status will disqualify the student from all programs. 

Other Federal and State Requirements. These include proper citizenship status, registration with the Selective Service System, and not being in default on any federal student loan. See p. 21 (withdrawal from university) Awards are subject to change at any time pursuant to changes in state or federal funding levels or regulatory mandates.



Financial aid applicants must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the Federal Central Processing System. File the FAFSA by March 15 for priority consideration. Nevertheless, applications are accepted throughout the academic year. The FAFSA is available from the UWL Student Financial Aid Office (SFAO) or on the Internet at www.fafsa.ed.gov.

                Students also are required to submit their federal income tax return and the UW-L Financial Aid Information Form (FAIF) to the UW-L Student Financial Aid Office. The FAIF is available from the SFAO or on the Internet at www.uwlax.edu/finaid .



Students who complete their application by March 15 priority date can expect to receive a financial aid offer between April 15 and June 15. Students who complete this application after March 15 will receive a financial aid offer as soon as possible after June 30. Applications received after June 1 may not be processed in time for students to receive their aid by the start of the fall semester. These students should be prepared to pay their initial expenses from their own resources.



Non-Resident Fee Waivers

These need-based grants are available to residents of states other than Wisconsin and Minnesota. Minnesota residents are eligible for tuition reciprocity. Some graduate assistantships also carry full or half non-resident tuition waivers.


Advanced Opportunity Grant

These grants are available to qualified, statutorily defined ethnic minority graduate students (Blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans and Southeast Asian Refugees).


Native American Indian Grants


Native American students should file an application with their tribe.


International Student Scholarships

These partial non-resident fee waivers are available to qualified international students. International students should file an application with the Office of International Education.


Graduate Scholarships

The UW-L Foundation awards numerous scholarships each year to graduate students. For more information or an application, contact the UW-L Foundation at

(608)785-8489 or www.foundation.uwlax.edu .


Private Scholarships

Students may want to search for private scholarships on the Internet at www.fastweb.com . This private non-profit resource maintains the largest database of private scholarships and does not charge for information.


Federal Stafford Loan - Subsidized

This need-based loan is available to students who demonstrate financial need.  Students borrow interest-free from a private bank, credit union or savings and loan association, but the federal government pays the interest while the student is in school and until six months thereafter. Interest is at a variable rate but capped at 8.25%. Repayment begins six months after the student ceases to be at least a half-time student.


Federal Stafford Loan - Unsubsidized

This loan is available to students who do not demonstrate financial need as a result of filing the FAFSA. The terms are the same as the Federal Stafford Loan - Subsidized except that the student is responsible for all interest charges from the date of the loan forward.


Federal Perkins Loan

This need-based loan is available to qualified students who demonstrate exceptional financial need. The loan is interest-free as long as the student is at least a half-time student. Repayment begins six months after the student ceases half-time enrollment. Very limited funding.

Alternative Loans

Many banks offer private, non-governmental, non-need-based loans for higher education. To apply, obtain an application from the lender, complete it and submit it to the Student Financial Aid Office.

Emergency Short Term Loan

These loans are for emergency purposes only. The applicant must have completed at least one semester at UW-L, be in good academic standing and be a full-time student. Apply at the Student Financial Aid Office.


Graduate Assistantships

The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse offers a variety of graduate assistantships. To apply, the graduate student communicates directly with the department of intended degree work. The Financial Aid Office does not administer the graduate assistantship program. Assistantships are available to resident and nonresident students. Awards may be made for assistantships which require 14 to 20 hours weekly of responsibilities during each semester of the academic year. Assistants are expected to carry no fewer than nine graduate credits each semester. Those with 14-hour assignments may carry up to 14 hours of graduate credit and those with 20-hour assignments should not exceed 12 graduate credits each semester. All graduate students in the MS-Biology program who hold fellowships, assistantships, or traineeships will be required to take a minimum of nine credit hours during each of their first two semesters of residence at UW-L. Information on assistantships is available from the Director of Graduate Studies and/or graduate program directors.

                Summer assistantships may be available. During a regular eight-week summer session, eight credits are considered a maximum class load. Any deviation from these credit loads or work assignments must be approved by the appropriate department chair and/or program director and the Director of Graduate Studies. Graduate assistantships are limited in number and are awarded to specifically qualified applicants on the recommendation of the department chair or program director and with the approval of the respective dean.

                Assistantships are not awarded to students admitted on probation. Graduate assistants fees are not waived for graduate assistants although the out-of-state portion of tuition may be waived in some cases. Further information and application forms may be obtained from department chairpersons and/or program directors.

                UW-L complies with the Council of Graduate Schools Resolution regarding Graduate Scholars, Fellows, Trainees, and Assistants which follows: “Acceptance of an offer of financial support (such as graduate scholarship, fellowship, traineeship, or assistantship) for the next academic year by a prospective or enrolled graduate student completes an agreement that both student and graduate school expect to honor in that context. The conditions affecting such offers and their acceptance must be defined carefully and understood by all parties.

                Students are under no obligation to respond to offers of financial support prior to April 15; earlier deadlines for acceptance of such offers violate the intent of this Resolution. (UW-L notation: this deadline assumes a program begins in fall semester. Programs beginning earlier may have an earlier acceptance date.) In those instances in which a student accepts an offer before April 15, and subsequently desires to withdraw that acceptance, the student may submit in writing a resignation of the appointment at any time through April 15. However, an acceptance given or left in force after April 15 commits the student not to accept another offer without first obtaining a written release from the institution to which a commitment has been made. Similarly, an offer by an institution after April 15 is conditional on presentation by the student of the written release from any previously accepted offer. It is further agreed by the institutions and organization subscribing to the above Resolution that a copy of this Resolution should accompany every scholarship, fellowship, traineeship, and assistantship offer.”

Federal Work-Study Program

This need-based program provides on-campus employment to qualified students. Students who do not qualify for Federal Work-Study can work on campus on the regular student help payroll; students should apply at academic departments and administrative units.

                Students can also search for off-campus jobs in the private sector at the Financial Aid Office Web site at www.uwlax.edu/finaid .



Federal Law mandates the post-secondary institutions participating in Federal Title IV Student Financial Aid Programs, including student loans, have in place and monitor an academic progress policy. There are two components of the UW-L Graduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Standard for Financial Aid: grade point average (GPA), and academic progress (credits attempted/credits earned).

1. Grade point average is monitored by the academic deans. Requirements follow the university probation and retention policies listed in this catalog. Failure to meet these conditions will result in the student being academically suspended from UW-L. The student will also lose eligibility for student financial aid, including student loans. Notification of non-compliance with the GPA component and the appeal procedure for reinstatement will be made by the academic deans. If an appeal is granted, eligibility for financial aid will be determined by the Financial Aid Office.

2. Academic Progress: all full-time and part-time graduate students must complete and pass 70 percent of all credits attempted at UW-La Crosse. This will be monitored on a yearly basis, September through August. Failure to comply with this component will result in the student’s financial aid eligibility, including student loans, being suspended.

Credits Earned.  The successful completion of a credit attempted is credit for which a grade of A, AB, B, BC, C, S, or P is received.


Withdrawal. Any withdrawal after the start of a grading period will count as credit attempted and credit not earned.


Credit Drop. Any credit drop after the start of a grading period, without an equal number of credits being added, will count as credit attempted and credit not earned.


Incompletes. An incomplete grade will count as credit attempted and credit not earned until the UW-L Records and Registration Office has recorded a passing grade. It will be the responsibility of the student to notify the Financial Aid Office of any change in grade using an Appeal for Financial Aid Reinstatement and attaching a copy of the student’s most recent UW-L transcript showing the grade change.


Suspension. A student not meeting the annual progress component of the Satisfactory Academic Progress Standard for Financial Aid will be notified by the Financial Aid Office that the student’s eligibility for financial aid, including educational loans, has been suspended. The student can make an appointment in the Financial Aid Office, Room 215 Graff Main Hall, to discuss the situation.


Reinstatement. A student on financial aid suspension can regain financial aid eligibility by submitting an appeal for Financial Aid Reinstatement outlining the conditions that prevented the student from passing a minimum of 70% of the credits attempted, and how the conditions have changed. A copy of the student’s current UW-L transcript must accompany the Appeal form. Third party documentation may be necessary to support the appeal or the Financial Aid Office may request it. If the appeal is approved, the Financial Aid Office will determine eligibility for financial aid and notify the student. If an appeal is not approved, the student may have to attend UW-L, pay for it on his or her own, do well, and again complete the appeal process.



• For more information regarding student financial aid programs, visit the Student Financial Aid Office Web site at www.uwlax.edu/finaid .


• Questions regarding student financial aid programs should be directed to the  Student Financial Aid Office (215 Graff Main Hall) at (608)785-8604 or finaid@wulax.edu .


• For more information about graduate scholarships, visit the UWL Foundation Web site at www.foundation.uwlax.edu .


• Questions regarding graduate scholarships should be directed to the UWL Foundation (Cleary Alumni and Friends Center) at (608)785-8489 or foundation@uwlax.edu .


• For more information about graduate assistantships, contact the director of graduate studies or the graduate program director.



Many scholarships and awards have been established by alumni, faculty and staff, parents, students, businesses, and organizations. Recipients are selected by scholarship committees on the basis of an application, grade point average and other materials as deemed appropriate by departmental committees. Scholarships are presented to students whose qualifications best fit the stipulations of the donor. Approximately one-half million dollars is awarded each year. Amounts vary annually based on funding from gifts or investment earnings available from a fund.

Almost all scholarships are contingent upon full-time enrollment both fall and spring semesters at UW-L. Scholarships and awards are usually paid for the academic year in two payments, the first half in the fall semester and the other half in the spring semester.

A scholarship and awards resource book listing all scholarships administered by the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Foundation, Inc., is available in the University Bookstore, Cartwright Center. This information is also available on the Web at: www.foundation.uwlax.edu/sch.html

A scholarship application is available to currently enrolled students at the UW-L Foundation Office, Cleary Alumni and Friends Center. This application covers all scholarships unless otherwise stated. Some require specific applications. All applications (unless otherwise indicated) must be submitted to the UW-L Foundation Office. Applications are submitted to various offices that offer scholarships based on academic majors; please refer to the scholarship catalog.  The deadline for scholarship applications is March 1 each year, unless otherwise indicated. Scholarships and awards are announced at the honors reception set for the last Monday in April. For more information, call the Advancement Office at (608)785-8489.

The Foundation also administers a number of individual funds, which provide for interest-free, short-term emergency loans to students in need, provided they are enrolled for a full credit load of non-repeat courses. The Financial Aid Office, 215 Graff Main Hall, has more information and application forms.  




The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Foundation, Inc., is a non-profit, tax-exempt Wisconsin corporation, created in 1967 to support the purposes and services of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Designated by the chancellor as the charitable arm of the university, the Foundation is responsible for encouraging and administering gifts from private sources and channeling those funds into areas where the university’s needs are the greatest.

Web site: www.foundation.uwlax.edu 

E-mail: foundation@uwlax.edu 




The university is fully approved for the education of veterans and veterans’ dependents under both federal and state programs. New students who qualify for benefits should report to the veterans benefits coordinator in the Records and Registration Office, 117 Graff Main Hall, before or during registration. After this initial contact, registered students should keep the coordinator apprised of their status and needs.

If you receive support from veteran programs, you are required to report to the veterans benefits coordinator after registering for classes each semester to complete an enrollment certification form. The university must certify your attendance and credit load to the Veterans Administration. Payments of veterans’ benefits depend on the number of credits carried. Graduate students should carry at least nine credits to receive full benefits under most programs.

Payment will be awarded according to the schedule below:

Table to determine % of benefits   

Graduate  Credits  Semester

  Enrollment/   Benefits Status
9+      Full-time
7-8     3/4 time
5-6      1/2 time





After being admitted to the program of one’s choice, candidates for the master’s degree must:

1.   Complete any preliminary course work  and deficiencies.

2.   Complete all courses and other program requirements, including residence requirements prescribed for the degree desired in the respective school or college within a seven-year period from the date of initial enrollment.

3.   Earn at least one-half of the minimum number of credits required in your program in graduate-only level courses (non-slash courses.)

4.   Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00.

5.   Satisfy thesis, seminar paper, terminal/graduate projects, or comprehensive examination, where applicable. A thesis or seminar paper approved by the committee and dean must be submitted to the director of university graduate studies for approval at least two weeks before commencement. See www.uwlax.edu/graduate  for semester deadlines.

6.   File a completed application for graduation with the assistant to the dean of your college at least eight weeks prior to the end of the semester or summer session in which you intend to graduate.

7.   Pay the graduation fee and remove all other indebtedness to the university. (Payment of graduation fees does not imply readiness for graduation and does not take the place of applying for graduation.)

8.   Complete all requirements within 30 days after the official ending date of a term in order for a degree to be awarded for that term. (See [5] for separate deadline for written capstone experience.)



All credits accepted toward a degree, including transfer credit, must have been earned within a seven-year period prior to the actual date of graduation. No time extensions beyond the seven years will be granted except for unusual health conditions, fulfillment of military obligations, or such other extenuating circumstances as the Graduate Council may recognize. The seven-year period may include grades earned in no more than seven summer sessions and fourteen semesters from the date of initial enrollment. If additional time is needed for the completion of the master’s degree program in which you are currently enrolled, you must file a request for a time extension with the director of university graduate studies, 142 Mitchell Hall.



A graduate of a UW-L master’s degree program may earn a second UW-L master’s degree by meeting the following conditions:

1.   Submit a new application for admission with the application fee.

2.   Become accepted into the degree program by the appropriate college and program.

3.   Complete program requirements. A maximum of nine semester credits of course requirements of the second  UW-L master’s degree may be fulfilled by course work completed for a previous UW-L master’s degree. Individual programs may have a more restrictive policy on transferring credits from a previously earned master’s degree. Program directors and deans approve credits that apply from program to program.

4.   All general requirements for the master’s degree apply to the second master’s degree. Students must complete the terminal project for the second master’s degree required by the program. All requirements must be completed within seven years, including credits accepted from a previous master’s degree.

Students who received a master’s degree from another institution must meet the above requirements. The graduate transfer policy will be used to determine credit to be awarded for previous course work from another institution.  



During the first semester of graduate study, graduate students should consult resources for their respective master’s degree program regarding requirements for thesis, or other culminating graduate projects, including seminar papers and terminal projects. Students enrolled in the Educational Studies and School Psychology programs should consult the Guide for Preparation of Terminal Projects for Master’s Degree. Students in Health Education, Exercise and Sport Science, and Recreation graduate programs should consult the Guide for the Preparation of Theses, Seminar Papers, and Other Culminating Graduate Projects. These publications are available either for purchase from the University Bookstore, on reserve in Murphy Library, or on program Web sites. Students in the graduate program in Biology should consult the publication Graduate Student Guidelines: Department of Biology, Department of Microbiology, available from the graduate program director. Physical therapy students should use the Graduate Project and Thesis Guide: Physical Therapy, which is available in the department office.

An oral presentation open to the university community and the public is required of all students completing theses and other culminating graduate projects. During the academic year, students must publish a notice of their oral presentation in the Campus Connection at least one week in advance.

The deadline for the final submission of all college-approved theses and other culminating graduate projects (including seminar papers and terminal projects) to the Office of University Graduate Studies is two weeks before the graduation date of the term. Specific deadline dates are listed in the semester timetable book, published by the Office of Records and Registration, and on the university Web site. Graduate students should consult their published college or departmental guidelines regarding format and style of their final manuscripts and other college and departmental submission deadlines and requirements. Information about binding theses, seminar papers, and other culminating graduate projects is available from the Office of University Graduate Studies, 142 Mitchell Hall. Two hard bound copies of all master’s theses are placed in the permanent collection of Murphy Library.

Students who have completed all degree requirements in an approved program of study, except the thesis, seminar paper or other approved capstone graduate project, must maintain continuous semester-to-semester enrollment in GRC 799 until the culminating experience is completed and has received final approval. (See Continuous Registration Policy below.)

All research involving human subjects must be approved by the Institutional Review Board in compliance with Federal regulations. (See below.)

Some graduate programs require a written comprehensive examination. Graduate programs offering comprehensive examinations have written guidelines available to students describing scheduling and evaluation procedures. These guidelines are available from the respective graduate program director and department chair office. These written guidelines also specify procedures students should follow if they fail part or all of their comprehensive examination.



The Graduate Council has approved a continuous registration policy for students completing a thesis, seminar paper, or other culminating graduate projects. The purpose of this policy is to provide continued access to university faculty technology, facilities, and the library.

Once having completed all degree requirements in an approved program of study except the thesis, seminar paper or the other culminating graduate projects, students must maintain continuous semester-to-semester enrollment (including summer session) by registering each semester for GRC 799 for zero credits and paying a special course fee until the thesis, seminar paper, or culminating project is completed and receives final university approval. (This policy pertains to students entering the university beginning in the summer of 1995 and after.)



The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse has an Institutional Review Board (IRB) for the Protection of Human Subjects to comply with federal regulations and to reflect the university’s commitment to its responsibility to protect the rights and welfare of human subjects involved in research. All research conducted at UW-L, or under the direction of faculty, staff, students, or agent of the university, must follow federal guidelines, whether or not the study is externally funded. Failure to comply with these regulations can result in the loss of federal funds for the entire institution, as well as the individual investigator.

The IRB must review all research that involves human subjects. The IRB is a university-wide committee composed of faculty and community representatives.

In order to assist student researchers and the IRB with the review process, the Office of Grants and Contracts provides staff assistance. All protocols for review of research involving human subjects are directed to the IRB from that office. A manual titled, Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects: A Researcher’s Guide for Submission of Protocols must be used for preparation of all IRB materials. For assistance with IRB matters or questions about research involving human subjects, contact the Office of Grants and Contracts (608)785-8488, or visit www.uwlax.edu/provost/grants/gandc_irb.html . The Office of University Graduate Studies (608)785-8124, also can assist with IRB and human subjects research questions.



Graduate Student Achievement Awards

As many as four Graduate Student Achievement Awards (one each for the College of Liberal Studies, College of Science and Allied Health, College of Education, Exercise Science, Health, and Recreation, and College of Business Administration) are awarded annually and presented at the May graduation ceremony. Criteria for the award include evidence of scholarly accomplishment beyond the completion of course work for the degree, including:  demonstration of excellence in completing thesis, seminar paper, or other culminating project, superior performance on comprehensive examinations, demonstration of excellence in academic or professional internship or practicum, involvement in research and other scholarly pursuits, and demonstration of leadership in the graduate program.

Outstanding Thesis Awards - May be awarded annually and presented at the May graduation ceremony. One student may be selected from each of the colleges.  Criteria for the award are: originality and importance of the thesis topic; quality of written expression; quality of research methods, including analysis of data and interpretation of results; and contribution to the discipline or professional field. Information on these awards is available at www.uwlax.edu/graduate



Commencement Policy - Participation in commencement and hooding exercises signifies that course work and all other degree requirements have been satisfied. Students who have not completed all degree requirements, but have a compelling reason to participate in commencement exercises, may request permission to do so. Permission must be obtained from their college dean’s office and the director of university graduate studies at least two weeks prior to commencement. There are two commencement ceremonies each year in December and May.

Graduation Fee - Current graduation fees for graduate students are listed in the semester timetable book. Students are billed for the graduation fee upon completion of 20 credits toward the master’s degree. This is a one-time fee assessed regardless of whether or not a student chooses to attend the commencement ceremony. There is an additional charge for the keepsake cap and gown for those attending the ceremony.

Mailing Diplomas - Diplomas are mailed approximately six weeks after the ending date of the semester to the current legal address on the university computer system unless the Records and Registration Office has been notified differently in writing. All indebtedness to the university must be cleared before a diploma is released.

Commencement/Graduation Honors

Considering the high academic achievement of graduate students and the required 3.00 cumulative grade point average upon graduation, commencement and graduation honors are not calculated for graduate students. Honor cords are worn only by undergraduate students at commencement; and honors are not noted on the graduate permanent record. The semester dean’s list also is calculated for undergraduate students only.





Courses in the 500 series and some in the 600 series are “slash” courses; they are graduate courses with a companion number in the 300 or 400 series and are open to upper division undergraduates who have earned at least 60 credits and graduate students. All courses with numbers in the 700 and 800 series and some in the 600 series are for graduate students only. Students in all master’s degree programs must earn at least one-half of the minimum number of semester credits required in their program in graduate-only level courses.



A recommended full-time load for a graduate student is 12 credits per semester. A maximum load is 15 credits per semester and nine credits during a 12-week summer session, with no more than six credits in a four-week summer session. (This applies to any combination of courses - all graduate or graduate/undergraduate.) Students are considered full-time if enrolled for at least nine credits each semester and five semester credits during the summer term.

A student may earn, as a maximum, the number of credits corresponding to the number of weeks in any interim session (i.e., a student may earn a maximum of three (3) credits during J Term).

Any request to carry more than the maximum allowable credits for a semester, summer, or interim session, must be submitted in writing with documented “extenuating circumstances,” and must be approved by the student’s graduate program director prior to enrollment for any of the previously mentioned sessions. An “Overload Request Form” is available from the graduate program director.  


Academic records are confidential between the student and the university. Students may request transcripts of their permanent academic records at any time, provided they are not financially encumbered to the university. Official transcripts cost $4 per set. Transcripts may be requested in person or by writing to the Records and Registration Office. Transcripts will not be released without the student’s authorizing signature. Under no circumstances will partial transcripts be issued.


Notice of rights of access to student records and directory information definition under the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended.


The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse informs students of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, in all catalogs and schedules published each year. This Act, with which the university intends to comply fully, was designed to protect the privacy of education records, to establish the right of students to inspect and review their education records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearings. Students have the right to file complaints with the FERPA Office concerning alleged failures by the university to comply with the Act.

The university follows the national guidelines for compliance with the provisions of the Act. A copy of the written procedures may be found in the Records and Registration Office. This office also maintains a Directory of Records, which lists all education records maintained on students by this institution.

UW-L designates the following categories of student information as public or directory information. Such information may be disclosed by the institution for any purpose, at its discretion.

Category I.

Names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, attendance and school and/or college status.


Category II.

Previous institution(s) attended, past and present participation in officially recognized sports and activities, physical factors (height, weight, etc. for athletes), date and place of birth.


Category III.

Major field of study, awards, honors (includes Dean’s List), degree(s) conferred, date(s) awarded.


Currently enrolled students may withhold disclosure of any category of information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. To withhold disclosure, written notification must be received in the Records and Registration Office, 117 Graff Main Hall, prior to the end of the second week of each semester or the end of the first week of a summer session. Forms requesting the withholding of directory information are available in the Records and Registration Office. The university assumes that failure on the part of any student to make a specific request for the withholding of categories of directory information, within the time period mentioned above indicates individual approval for disclosure.



Scholastic standing is determined by the grade point system. Grade points are used to determine an official scholastic average for each student. A semester grade point average is calculated by dividing the grade points earned by the number of credits attempted that semester. The cumulative average is the total number of grade points earned divided by the total number of credits attempted.

To successfully complete a course at the graduate level, a grade of “C” (or better) or “P” must be earned. No graduate credit will be applicable to a degree for courses completed with grades below “C.”

Effective beginning the spring semester, January 1994, the university adopted a seven-step grading scale with point values assigned as noted to the right.


UW-L grade point averages are determined only by grades in UW-L courses. Probationary status and grade point deficiencies of students already matriculated at UW-L may not be improved by enrolling in courses at other institutions.  

Change of Grade -An instructor may request to change a final grade three semesters immediately following the close of the semester in which the grade is first recorded, excluding summer. The instructor and department chair authorize the change by signing a “Change of Grade” form and forwarding it to the appropriate dean for signature. The dean will then file it with the Records and Registration Office.  

Appeal of Final Grade -All departments must have established policies and procedures, which enable students to appeal final grades. These policies and procedures outline the progression of a formal appeal and specify who, if anyone, is empowered to change a final grade. All appeals for a final grade change must be initiated in writing through the department in question during the semester immediately following the semester in which the grade was earned. A copy of each department’s policies and procedures is on file in the office of the appropriate dean.

Repetition of courses -Repeating graduate courses is not allowed; even when the recorded grade is lower than “C.”  

Reports on Grades and Credits -Grades are available on the TALON system, on the Web at www.uwlax.edu/current.htm  Access requires the student’s ID and PIN numbers. Grades are reported at the end of the term only, even if a particular course ends earlier. Grade reports are not mailed to students. 

Pass/Fail Grading Policies -Credits taken on a P/F basis will not be averaged into a grade point average if “P” is filed by the instructor. The credits will count as credits earned. An “F” will be averaged in and will be counted as credits attempted. Specific courses are approved for pass/fail grading. Students do not have the option to request a graded course be taken as P/F.

Students should realize that P/F graded courses might not be accepted in transfer to other institutions of higher learning. Professional schools are especially reluctant to accept P/F graded course work. Some employers, principals, and/or superintendents may be unable to acknowledge credits or reward employees, especially graduate students working on advanced degrees, when course work has been taken under the P/F grading system.

UW-L does not accept graduate transfer credit from other institutions in which a grade of “pass” was earned.  

Incomplete Grades -An incomplete grade (“I”) is a temporary grading symbol (not a final course grade) which may be reported for a student who has carried a subject through the last date that one may withdraw from a course and then, because of illness or other unusual and substantiated cause beyond the student’s control, has been unable to take or complete the final examination, or complete some limited amount of work.

When an incomplete grade is requested, the student must file an Incomplete Grade Request with the instructor. The instructor will prepare and present to the student a written statement that describes the work that must be completed to remove the incomplete. Removal of an incomplete requires that the student satisfy the conditions set forth in the request.

A failing grade (“F”) will be recorded for incomplete grades that are not removed within one year of the date recorded, when a student is enrolled. Seminar papers, theses, and terminal or culminating projects are exempted from the above rule and are subject only to the seven-year period for degree completion.


A         4.00    grade points/credit

AB      3.50      grade points/credit

B         3.00      grade points/credit

BC   2.50      grade points/credit

C         2.00      grade points/credit

D         1.00      grade points/credit

F         0.00      counted as credits


Additional university grades and grade points used but not part of the transcript scale adopted in 1994:


I — incomplete

  0 (not counted as credits attempted)

W, WP — withdraw passing

  0 (not counted as credits attempted)

WF — withdraw failing

   0 (counted as credits attempted; averaged

       into GPA)

EP — emergency withdrawal/passing*

   0 (not counted as credits attempted)

EF — emergency withdrawal/failing*

   0 (not counted as credits attempted)

AS — audit satisfactory

  0 (not counted as credits attempted)

AU — audit unsatisfactory

  0 (not counted as credits attempted)

S — satisfactory

  0 (counted as credits earned)

U — unsatisfactory

  0 (not counted as credits attempted)

P — pass

  0 (counted as credits earned)

F — fail

  0 (counted as credits attempted; averaged 

       into GPA)

NA — non-attendance

(counted as credits attempted; averaged into GPA) Student did not officially withdraw from the course, but failed to participate in course activities through the end of the period. There is sufficient evidence to make a meaningful evaluation of academic performance possible. The N/A grade will appear as an “F” on the student record.

NR — no report

0 (not averaged into GPA; the “NR” grade is posted for all missing grades.


* NOTE: The faculty Committee on Academic Policies and Standards has established EP and EF as grades that are to be utilized only for the emergency medical withdrawal of students and military call-ups. These grades will be recorded on the permanent academic record to indicate level of performance at the time of withdrawal; however, such grades will not be averaged into the student' s  grade point average.



Graduate students may audit courses under the following arrangements:

1.  Students must receive consent of the department chair and the instructor offering the course.

2.  No change from audit to credit will be permitted after the first week of classes. No change from credit to audit will be permitted after the first half of a semester or summer session.

3.  No credit will be granted for any course that is audited. “Aud” will appear on the student’s permanent academic record. The “AS”- “AU” grading system is used for auditors. (The grade will not affect your GPA.)

4.  An audited course may be repeated for credit in another semester or term.

5.  Appropriate tuition and fees are to be paid for the course.



Courses being audited may not be taken in excess of student load limits for credit generating courses without special  “overload” permission from the academic dean. Courses being audited are not usable to establish full-time or part-time status for any type of eligibility - such as for athletic participation, student grants/loans, or loan deferment.



Graduate Studies at UW-L subscribes to the statement by the Council of Graduate Schools that describes the master’s program as “a coherent sequence of lectures, seminars, discussions and independent studies or investigations designed to help the student acquire an introduction to the mastery of knowledge, creative scholarship, and research in [the student’s] field. The college or university that offers the master’s degree undertakes a responsibility in the public interest to establish and maintain high quality in the experience given to its students.”

Thus, a graduate program of study is not merely a collection of courses taken in satisfaction of a set of degree requirements. A high quality graduate experience is characterized by graduate students, advised and taught by faculty scholars, coming together in an environment of intellectual and creative pursuit and interchange with other students and faculty in the discipline.

The following transfer policy has been established in keeping with a commitment to highest quality and integrity.


Graduate Level

Credit Transfer Policy

In order to be considered for graduate transfer credit at UW-L, these requirements must be met:

1.   Transfer credits will not be accepted with grades lower than “B” (not “BC” or “B-”) or equivalent nor with grades of “pass.” Staff from the Office of International Education may assist in evaluation of courses from international institutions.

2.   The institution offering the course must be regionally accredited at the graduate level if it is a domestic institution, or internationally recognized if it is an international institution.

3.   The course must be acceptable for graduate credit toward a graduate degree at the offering institution, and must be appropriate to a degree at UW-L.

4.   It must appear as a graduate course on the student’s graduate transcript from the offering institution.

5.   Students may be granted permission to transfer a maximum of nine semester credits. This maximum may vary in the case of special consortial or joint degree programs recognized by the Graduate Council. Students pursuing a master’s degree may transfer no more than nine credits from a previous master’s degree or other recognized post-baccalaureate degree program, regardless of whether the graduate degree was awarded by UW-L or another institution.

6.   All credits must have been earned during the seven-year period prior to the proposed date of the completion of all required graduate work.

7.   Students must submit a formal request for approval of transfer credits. Students currently enrolled at UW-L must secure approval from their graduate program director and college dean in advance of enrollment at another institution for such course work to transfer back to UW-L.

8.   Officials at UW-L will not accept transcripts from other institutions that are marked “Issued to Student” for evaluation and/or the awarding of credit. Transcripts must be mailed directly from the issuing institution(s) to the UW-L Admissions Office.  

Graduate program directors have discretion in evaluating proposed transfer credits and determining if graduate courses taken at other institutions may apply to a student’s program of study at UW-L. In addition to reviewing an official graduate transcript, graduate program directors may request to review a course syllabus, written assignments, and examinations in order to assist them in their evaluations. Other factors that may be considered include the method of course delivery and course format. Individual program directors may have program-specific information on credit transfer policies and procedures.  


UW-La Crosse grade point averages are determined only by grades in UW-L courses. Probationary status and grade point deficiencies of students already matriculated at UW-L may not be improved by enrolling in courses at other institutions.



Advising is a critical part of graduate education. It is important for each student to meet with their program director early in your studies to chart a plan of study. Program directors serve as the advisers in some programs; in other programs, advisers are assigned. Consulting with your adviser prior to each registration will reduce the possibility of enrolling in courses which do not meet your goal. In some programs, registration is actually completed through the adviser.



Registration is completed online via the TALON system at www.uwlax.edu/current.htm 

Instructions on using the system are available on the Web and included in the semester timetable book. Some graduate programs require that students register through their advisers instead of using the TALON system. A $100 non-refundable deposit is required prior to registering for the fall and spring semesters. If the enrollment management plan will permit registering additional students, late registrants will be accepted and enrolled under normal procedures. Registration is closed at the end of the second week of classes in a semester and after one week in the summer session. This deadline varies for courses that do not last an entire semester.



The period of time between a student’s initial registration for any term through the first five days of instruction in any semester (three days during summer session) are considered to be the “drop/add-change-of-schedule” period. During this time, a student may drop classes without affecting his/her permanent academic record; he/she may also add classes or change sections, if the desired section is not closed. Neither the adviser’s signature nor the instructor’s signature is required for schedule changes during this period. The signatures of the department chair and the instructor will be required only if a student seeks to enter a class that is closed. Between the fifth and tenth days of instruction, to add a course, the student must obtain the instructor’s signature. After the tenth day of instruction, classes cannot be added except in unusual cases and then only with the consent of the instructor, department chair and dean.


A student enrolled in any course is expected to be in attendance from the first day or to have notified the instructor or the Office of Student Life that attendance is not possible. A student registered in a section who fails to attend the first two class sessions or provide proper notification may be dropped from the course at the discretion of the instructor.

An instructor who wishes to drop a student from a course should complete a drop/add form and submit it to the Records and Registration Office during the drop/add - change-of-schedule period. A decision by an instructor to drop a student from a class may not be appealed to any other individual or body in the university. A student should not assume that an instructor will use the discretionary drop if he/she does not attend class. It is a student’s responsibility to withdraw from a class.



Any student may withdraw from a class until one week beyond midterm of a semester or summer session. All withdrawals from classes after the “drop/add - change-of-schedule” period will be recorded with a “W” on the student’s permanent academic record along with the official date of withdrawal. Half-term courses (either semester or summer session) or short-term courses will have withdrawal time limits established on a basis prorated to withdrawal dates for full-term courses. The student must obtain either his/her adviser’s or the instructor’s signature during this time period. No student is permitted to withdraw from a class later than one week beyond the midterm of a semester or summer session. Only a grade of “F” or “I” may be recorded for any student who enters this time period and fails to complete a course. These deadlines vary for courses that do not last the entire semester.


Withdrawal from the university is a matter of major importance. Students considering withdrawal from school should discuss the matter with his/her academic adviser, dean, and counselor prior to initiating action. The official date of withdrawal from all classes will be recorded on the permanent academic record if the student withdraws after classes begin. Forms for withdrawing from the university may be obtained from the Office of Student Life. The forms provide a checklist which withdrawing students are expected to follow carefully. Withdrawal procedures must be fully completed before a withdrawal becomes official.

An official withdrawal entitles a student to a refund of fees when the withdrawal date falls within a refund period. The official date of withdrawal is the date the withdrawal form is received in the Records and Registration Office. A “W” (Withdrawal) will appear on the student’s academic transcript if the withdrawal date is prior to one week after midterm of a given semester. A grade of “WP” or “WF” will appear if the withdrawal falls after the mid-term point. Withdrawal from the university is not allowed after the three-quarter point of the semester or summer term.

An unofficial withdrawal will result in the recording of failing grades in discontinued courses and in encumbering of student records if the following obligations to the university have not been met: release from graduate assistantship obligations, if appropriate; returning books to textbook service and Murphy library; returning other university supplies and/or equipment issued during preceding periods of regular enrollment; clearing a record through an exit interview in the Financial Aid Office, if necessary; and securing a final clearance in the Cashiers Office with respect to any refund(s) which may be due or obligations unfulfilled regarding university fees, housing or food service arrangements or accounts, and relinquishing the student identification card.

In addition, pursuant to federal regulations that apply to Title IV of the Federal Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended, students who receive student financial aid and receive all “NA” grades (recorded at F’s) will be subject to the federal Title IV Return of Funds Policy. These students may be required to return funds to the student financial programs and may also be liable for repayments directly to UW-La Crosse.  

Emergency medical withdrawal from the university may be initiated by the student or an authorized agent at any time. It must be supported by a letter from a physician, which is first processed by the Student Health Center to verify its authenticity. After such verification, the Student Health Center will immediately notify the Office of Student Life, which will notify the Records and Registration Office, the Business Office, the appropriate academic dean, the Director of University Graduate Studies, the appropriate graduate program director, and all of the student’s instructors. When the withdrawal is completed, the Records and Registration Office will send instructors a computer-generated drop slip indicating whether a grade is required. Use of the emergency medical withdrawal is intended for use only when totally withdrawing from the university. The permanent academic record may show that no credits were earned, but the status of the student’s grades at the time of the withdrawal will be posted. The record will show one of the following grades submitted by the instructor: “EP” (Emergency Withdrawal Passing), or “EF” (Emergency Withdrawal Failing.) Such grades will not be included in the computation of the term or cumulative grade point average. Any exceptions to the policies of the Emergency Medical Withdrawal must be appealed to the university’s Graduate Council.



The following academic standards will be applied once a student has completed at least nine graduate credits:

Good Standing

1. Students who maintain at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA will be in good standing.


1. Students admitted unconditionally who have a cumulative GPA less than 3.00 upon completion of nine graduate credits, or any time thereafter, will be placed on probation. Such students must raise their cumulative GPA to at least 3.00 within the next nine credits in order to continue in graduate study.

2. Students admitted on probation must have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA after completing nine graduate credits in order to continue in graduate study.

3. Students who have been on probation and subsequently removed from probation will be returned to a probationary status if their cumulative GPA falls below 3.00.


1. Students admitted unconditionally, who subsequently were placed on

    probation, will be dismissed from graduate study if their cumulative GPA is below 3.00 after completing nine graduate credits while on probation.

2. Students admitted on probation will be dismissed from graduate study if their cumulative GPA is below 3.00 after completing nine graduate credits.

3. Students will be dismissed from graduate study if their semester GPA is less than 3.00 at any time while on probation (after completing nine credits.)

4. Students who earn a “D” or “F” in a graduate course will be dismissed from graduate study.                        

Individual programs may have more restrictive policies. Academic action, e.g. dismissal, may be appealed to the Graduate Council through the Office of University Graduate Studies, if compelling evidence is presented to warrant exception to the policy. Students should consult with their program director and the academic assistant to the Dean in their college to prepare an appeal. Graduate students in non-degree study are expected to meet and maintain the same academic standards as students in degree programs.


Undergraduate students with senior status (at least 90 credits) who have at least a 3.00 cumulative grade point average may enroll in a maximum of six graduate credits. These graduate level credits may not be used to satisfy requirements for a bachelor’s degree. Exceptions to these requirements must be approved by the Graduate Council. Maximum student credit load for dual-enrollment (undergraduate/graduate) is 15 credit hours for a semester and eight credit hours for a summer session (standard university overload approval process applies).

Students must submit written permission from the course instructor and their adviser along with a graduate special non-degree application, to the admissions office prior to registering for a graduate course. The touch-tone registration system cannot accommodate senior dual-enrollment, therefore registration for the graduate course(s) must be done via mail or in person at the Records and Registration Office. Undergraduate tuition and fees are charged. Students are expected to purchase texts for graduate courses.


Note: Undergraduate students are not allowed to enroll in graduate level MBA courses.



Accommodation of Religious Beliefs

It is the policy of the Board of Regents that students’ sincerely held religious beliefs shall be reasonably accommodated with respect to all examinations and other academic requirements. The University guidelines state that the claim of a religious conflict should be accepted at face value, and any student with a conflict between an academic requirement and any religious observance must be given an alternative means of meeting the academic requirement. The student must notify the instructor within the first two weeks of class of the specific days/dates for which the student will request relief. It is understood that instructors may set reasonable limits on the total number of days claimed by any one student. Instructors are not obliged to schedule make-up exams before the regularly scheduled requirements. Complaints may be filed with the Office of Affirmative Action and Diversity, 235 Graff Main Hall.


Class Attendance

Students are responsible to their respective instructors for all absences. If a student is absent an extended period of time (over one week), due to illness, family emergency, etc., the student must contact the Student Life Office, 149 Graff Main Hall. That office will inform the instructors involved of the absence. This serves as notification only, not necessarily a formal excuse. It is the student’s responsibility to contact each instructor for make-up work, etc. There is no “cut” system. University regulations prohibit excusing students and the dismissal of classes immediately preceding or immediately following scheduled vacation or recess periods except in cases of commonly recognized and extreme emergencies.


Cross-listed Course

A course offered by more than one department that has the same course description, credits and title but different prefixes is a cross-listed course. Students may earn credit only once for taking a cross-listed course.


Final Examinations

A final examination will be given in each course within a special examination period except for one-credit courses which will have exams scheduled at the last regular meeting of the class. The examination periods, dates, and times are included in each semester’s Timetable. The relative importance assigned to the final examination is determined by the instructor in charge of each course.


Study Day

No final examination shall be given to any student on Study Day. Study Day is a day to prepare for the final examination period. No faculty or student activities of any sort shall be scheduled on Study Day. This includes make-up classes or tests, faculty or student committee meetings and athletic practices or events.


Name and Address Changes

It is the student’s responsibility to keep appropriate offices advised of changes.  Campus (local) or permanent (legal) home addresses may be changed on the TALON system   ( www.uwlax.edu/current.htm  ). Official name changes may be done in the Records and Registration Office, 117 Graff Main Hall.


Transcript Service

Requests for transcripts must be submitted in writing. Send request to Records and Registration Office, 117 Graff Main Hall, UW-La Crosse, La Crosse, WI 54601. There is a charge of $5 per set (payable to UW-L), which must accompany the request. Any expenses incurred as a result of special handling (i.e., FAX) can be assessed in addition to the fee stated. UW-L processes most requests within 24 hours of receipt. Currently enrolled students may obtain one unofficial transcript free per semester.



UW-L Homepage | Office of Records and Registration Homepage | How to Contact Us | How to Register  
How to Request Transcript | Undergrad/Grad Catalogs | Timetables/Course Listings | Enrollment Verifications
Veterans Certification | F.E.R.P.A. | Transfer Information System | Re-entry Applications | Enrollment Statistics  
Faculty Services | Graduation Ceremonies |
Current Students Homepage