Special Non-Degree Students

Students desiring to audit or take selected courses for credit, but who do not expect to earn a degree at this university, may enroll as special non-degree students. Applications for admission can be sent electronically by accessing www.apply.wisconsin.edu. Complete transcripts of high school and college records need not be submitted; however, in some circumstances to determine eligibility for admission, the Admissions Office may request that you submit academic records. A high school diploma or its equivalent is required. Students may be admitted to undergraduate status on a degree basis at a later date provided they submit complete transcripts of previous work and meet admission requirements. After admission as a degree-seeking student, course work as a special non-degree student will be evaluated. Credit may be granted for courses completed during the initial period of special status, although there is no assurance that work as a special student will be credited toward degree completion. If regular undergraduate status is achieved by following this procedure, no student will be allowed to revert to a special non-degree status to avoid conforming to any prescribed course of study.

Students disqualified for entrance or continuance at another collegiate institution are not eligible to enroll as special non-degree students at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse.

Adult Special Students

Students who already have a college degree and desire to undertake further study to earn a second undergraduate major, to qualify for teaching certification, or to remove deficiencies, must complete the UW System application at www.apply.wisconsin.edu and submit one official transcript of all previous college work.