Living Expenses

Residence Halls

According to the Board of Regents policy, freshmen and sophomores who are not veterans, married students, or students residing in their parent’s or guardian’s home, must live in a university-operated residence hall when accommodations are available. Requests for exceptions to this policy must be made in writing to the Director of Residence Life.

Once you have been accepted and paid your registration fee, you will be sent directions about the online sign-up process. You will be directed to pay your $75 housing deposit and then complete the online housing application. Residence hall facilities, regulations and programs are described at the residence life page.

Dining Service

All students living in traditional residence halls must purchase one of the traditional meal plans (19, 14, or 10 meals per week) and are not eligible to be on any block plans. Students living in Reuter Hall must purchase a Reuter Block Plan or may choose to be on one of the traditional meal plans. You will be given an opportunity to select a meal plan that best fits your eating preferences. Should you find that your meal plan needs are different than you anticipated, you may request changes during the first two weeks of school. Students may change their meal plan at the end of the semester by visiting the Tower Card Office, 223 Cartwright Center. 

Contract board service is provided in Whitney Center. Vending machines, catering, and other dining services are available in Cartwright Center for commuters as well as resident students. Dining service is available only when the university is in session. Limited dining options are available during Winter intersession and summer term. Further information may be obtained from the Tower Card Office, 223 Cartwright Center.