Appeal of Final Grade

All departments must establish policies and procedures which enable students to appeal final grades. These policies and procedures must outline the progression of a formal appeal and specify who, if anyone, is empowered to change a final grade. All appeals for a final grade change must be initiated in writing through the department in question during the semester immediately following the semester in which the grade was earned. A copy of each department’s policies and procedures must be filed in the office of the appropriate dean.