An instructor may request to change a final grade for an undergraduate course three semesters immediately following the close of the semester in which the grade is first recorded, excluding summer. The instructor and department chair authorize the change by signing a “Change of Grade” form and forwarding it to the appropriate dean for signature. The dean will then file it with the Records and Registration Office. A change of grade after three semesters may be made only upon approval of the faculty committee on Academic Policies and Standards (CAPS). Requests must be made in writing and must be supported in writing by the instructor and the department chair. These papers are forwarded to the student’s academic dean for presentation to the faculty committee.