Have you thought about becoming a personal trainer or teaching group exercise classes? Take your first steps in becoming afitness professional!
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Recreational Sports Department, in collaboration with the La Crosse Area Family YMCA, has partnered with the American Council on Exercise (ACE) to train highly qualified fitness professionals capable of entering the health and fitness industry. We offer an 11-week, specifically designed curriculum to students and community members that are interested in becoming ACE certified. This course prepares you to take the ACE exam (requires an additional fee) for group fitness instructors and personal trainers.
This powerful preparation and mentoring program provides the following:
- Knowledge of exercise science, personal training and group fitness
- Preparation for the ACE Personal Training and/or Group Fitness Instructor National Certification Exam
- On-site classes held on the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse campus
- Computer-based, on-site testing held at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Counseling and Testing Center
- Practical, hands-on training in strength and conditioning and group fitness scenarios
- Networking with fitness industry leaders
- One-on-one mentoring in establishing your fitness career
EARN ACADEMIC CREDIT
UW-L students can gain academic credits in the Exercise and Sport Science (ESS) Department for taking the course. For additional information, please contact Dr. Rick Mikat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space limited to the first 40 students registered.
ACE computer-based, onsite exam offered at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Counseling and Testing Center (**exam requires an additional fee**).
For more information, contact Mo McAlpine at 608-785-8698 or email@example.com