2014 UW-L Bouldering Competition
All entrants will receive a raffle ticket for each non perishable food item they donate. (max 10 tickets per person) Prizes will be drawn at the conclusion of the competition.
Registration On or before Monday March 31:
$20 for UW System Students
$25 for non UW System Students
Registration between Tuesday, April 1 - Saturday, April 5
$25 for UW System Students
$30 for non UW System Students
Waiver (complete and bring with)
RULES & FORMAT
This is strictly a bouldering competition. No rope or lead climbing will be available
Traditional red point format
Competitors climb during the same time and are allowed to observe other climbers prior to their attempts. Competitors may also discuss the problems amongst each other. Competitors must start the problem from the start holds (in other words, competitors may not work on a problem from the middle). Competitors witness each other climb and when a competitor completes a problem, s/he has two witnesses initial his/her scorecard. Competitors choose which and how many of the problems they will attempt, and they get as many attempts as time permits.
1. Each person will be given a scorecard at the beginning of the competition.
2. Each route is a sit-start unless stated otherwise.
3. Starting & finishing holds will be marked with the upside down “V.”
4. Every natural is on unless stated otherwise.
5. Points are earned based on the completion of a route and number of attempts needed.
6. Route is completed once final hold is weighted & controlled.
7. Two witness verifications needed upon completion of route.
8. Beginners division will have 3 hours and Intermediate / Advanced will have 4 hours to climb.
9. The top five routes will be scored.
10. Divisions of beginner, intermediate, & advanced for both men & women.
11. Competitors being placed on their total scores at the completion.
12. The higher the point values the harder the problem.
13. You may try any problem as many times as you wish.
14. Awards are given to the top 3 Male and Female participants in each division
1. This competition is based on the honor system; please stay loyal to yourself & to others.
2. 1st attempt = full points, 2nd attempt = 95%, 3rd + attempts = 90%
3. Once your body has left the ground, you have started the problem.
a. If your foot slips off at start that does count as a fall.
4. If anything obstructs your progression through a route you can call a technical & restart the route. If you continue to climb & then fall, it will be considered a fall.
5. If a hold spins or breaks during your climb contact a judge & the route will be returned to its original condition.
6. You can only climb within the time of your assigned heat.