- The University of Wisconsin – La Crosse is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA).
- The Department of Recreation Management and Therapeutic Recreation is accredited by the Council of Accreditation of the National Recreation and Park Association. This is the only accredited program in the state of Wisconsin.
- The Therapeutic Recreation Program is accredited by the Council of Accreditation of the National Recreation and Park Association. This is the only accredited therapeutic recreation program in the state of Wisconsin.
|The NRPA/AAPAR Council on Accreditation has approved 100 academic programs in colleges and universities that prepare new professionals to enter the broad field of parks, recreation and leisure services.|
- All UWL Therapeutic Recreation graduates meet the requirements to take the national certification exam
- For the past 10 years, UWL TR graduates have excelled in this exam, surpassing both regional and national averages for the exam.
- The National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) is the nationally recognized and accredited agency that sponsors this examination.
- NCTRC is a charter member of the National Organization for Competency Assurance (NOCA). Since 1993, NCTRC’s Certification program has been accredited by NOCA’s National Commission on Certifying Agencies. NCTRC certification program parallels the standards followed in medicine by the American Board of Medical Specialties and by other related professions such as the National Board for the Certification of Occupational Therapy and the Certification Board for Music Therapy.
- NCTRC establishes evaluative standards for the certification and recertification of professionals; grants certification to individuals who voluntarily apply and meet established criteria; and monitors these standards by certified therapeutic recreation professional.