Admission to Therapeutic Recreation
Once a student is admitted to the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse, they simply declare their interest in majoring in therapeutic recreation. Forms can be obtained in 124 Mitchell Hall.
Requirements for admission to Therapeutic Recreation:
- Apply through the University of Wisconsin – La Crosse Admissions Office.
- Once accepted into UWL, if you declare a major in therapeutic recreation, you will receive a Therapeutic Recreation Faculty Advisor.
- If transferring from another major at the UWL campus, students must have at least a 2.5 GPA. Online GPA calculators are available here.
- Throughout the curriculum, professional experiences are required
and must be documented. Each of these will be explained in class or
by a Therapeutic Recreation Faculty Advisor.
- Completion of fifty hours of professional experience
- Completion of a Advanced First Aid and CPR course
- Completion of an official Criminal Background Check
- Completion of a sixteen week TR internship