For Prospective Students and Parents
A Checklist for Prospective Therapeutic Recreation Majors
- Am I a “people person” with a desire to work in a health related field?
- Do I like to lead and motivate others?
- Do I enjoy working with individuals and groups of individuals
disabilities or illnesses?
- Do I value recreation and leisure as a means of improving one’s quality of life?
- Do I enjoy helping people find their strengths and abilities?
- Am I flexible and willing to adjust to different work styles?
- Am I caring, compassionate, playful, and a role model of a healthy leisure lifestyle?
- Am I interested in becoming a skilled and knowledgeable professional who acts in an ethical and culturally competent manner?
If you answered yes to most of these questions,
You may want to consider a career
In Therapeutic Recreation
Feel free to contact Dr. Patricia Ardovino, CTRS, CPRP, Program Director of Therapeutic Recreation for more information. 2050 Health Science Center, La Crosse, WI 54601, 608-785-8217, email@example.com.
Download PowerPoint Shows for the TR Program
Advising for Therapeutic Recreation Students
Faculty TR Advisors
We value the student-advisor relationship. Each student has the opportunity to be known by his or her advisor so that course sequencing and career planning are appropriate to each person . TR Faculty advisors encourage students to visit at least once each semester.
|Dr. Patricia Ardovino,
Dr. Jearold Holland
Dr. Stephen Lewis, CTRS
Dr. Susan Boon Murray, CTRS
Dr. Nancy Navar, CTRS
|I assist the student in clarifying transfer
credits, off campus courses, grade point issues, and many other
technical aspects of advising.
Mr. Guy Herling
Disability Resource Services
Advisors in the DRS office collaborate with students with disabilities to identify, reduce, or eliminate barriers in obtaining an education within the most integrated settings possible.
DRS info: http://www.uwlax.edu/studentlife/drs.htm