Project Management Certificate ProgramRegister online.
The Project Management Certificate Program provides you with an individual, expert project management coach and a customized six-session curriculum to help achieve the knowledge, skills, and tools to successfully manage projects, project teams, or to prepare for the PMP exam. This Project Management Certificate Program is innovative, flexible, and fully customized around your goals and learning style. We provide a pool of over ten knowledgeable coaches that you pick from when choosing who to work with in your six one-on-one sessions as you earn a University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Project Management Certificate.
Collaborative and Customized Based On Your Professional Goals
management certificate training begins with a one-on-one session
with our program director (Kay Wais, PMP and owner of Successful
to review your professional goals and discuss your instructor
selection and preferred learning approach.
Your program instructor will design a fully-customized certificate training program that consists of 56 hours of best-of-project management learning activities. Each learning activity will be in-sync with your professional goals and learning style. Your certificate training will also consist of learning activities you are motivated to use, excited about, and will fill the project management skills gaps identified during the assessment process.
You project management certificate training can be customized in various ways to make it as relevant to your professional goals as possible. Three of our popular tracks for previous certificate graduates have been these:
1) Project Management Professional (PMP) exam prep track. This track completely covers the PMBOK® content and helps you to prepare to sit for the exam.
2) Learning Project Management Fundamentals and Building Your Project Portfolio: In this track you select a project from within your organization to professionally plan, as part of your certificate training. Using a real-world project is an outstanding learning opportunity because it can be used to illustrate, apply, and practice project management principles within a practical situation. In addition, your organization receives immediate tangible value because you completed your certificate training while successfully managing a challenging project at work.
3) Learning how to Rescue a Problem Project: This track is targeted to practicing project managers who need special skills in recovering troubled projects. Our troubled project expert instructor can focus on the general rescue project, or can take a deep dive into a real project in need of coaching help, while learning about best practices used in project recoveries.
The three tracks above, a combination of them, or any project management topic may be used for this program. Our project management certificate training is uniquely rewarding because this real-world approach enhances the learning experience and enhances project management competencies.
Requirements: The certificate is awarded after you complete six sessions and 56 hours of project management learning activities.
Why select this Project Management Certificate Program?
Open enrollment—you can register at any time and
complete it within a month or take up to a year.
- Customized course design based on identified professional goals and project management skills gaps.
- No classroom sessions, allowing you to travel for business and pleasure while still progressing in your program. Our instructors usually use Skype, Web portals, e-mail, phone, etc. to remain in contact.
- Gain practical hands-on project management experience while managing a real-world project.
- One-on-one coaching with your selected program instructor.
- Earn 5.6 continuing education credits (CEUs) from the University of Wisconsin-Extension.
The fee for your Project Management Certificate Program training also includes a copy of the Project Management Workbook by Kay Wais, PMP (program director). The workbook contains a detailed 52-step roadmap that covers every project management responsibility from project initiation to closure. The Project Management Workbook is an excellent resource during and after you complete your project management certificate training.
Cost is $2000. This is an ongoing, instructor led program. Our director will contact you within 48 hours of your registration to work with you on your instructor selection and to schedule the start of your program. Direct questions regarding the Project Management Certificate Program to Kay Wais: email@example.com
Comments from Project Management Certificate Program Graduates
Ann McDonald, finance director, Riverfront Inc.
“The Project Management Certificate Program was 100% customized and helped me improve the skills important to me and the work I’m doing every day. The one-on-one coaching sessions with Kay were excellent. She showed me how to specifically apply what I learned to situations at Riverfront which made this program very valuable.”
Finnian Cullen, clinical systems analyst, Franciscan
“I enjoyed the Project Management Certificate Program because I was able to set my own pace. Kay also worked with me to customize the course based on my specific needs and professional goals. The self- and peer-assessments that kicked off the program were very enlightening. I learned so much. Every business should send their employees through this certificate program because it provides a flexible project management toolkit that can be applied to reduce costs and improve success.”
Sean Smith, PE, project leader, Trane
“This Project Management Certificate Program was perfect for me because it was flexible and self-directed so it fit well into my tight schedule. The discussions with Kay made the coursework tangible and directly applicable to a multi-year project I am managing at Trane. I would absolutely recommend the UW-La Crosse Project Management Certificate Program to others without hesitation.”