Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about the Sport Management Major, click here.
What is the Sport Management
- The Sport Management Association is a group that is meant to supplement the Sport Management major here at UWL and to contribute to the professional development of the students involved in the association.
When are the meetings for the SMA?
- The meetings are at 7:00pm on the third Tuesday of each month. Dates may vary depending when speakers are available, however meetings will always be on Tuesdays.
Where are the meetings for the SMA?
- The meetings are held in 2305 Centennial Hall.
Do you need to be a Sport Management major to attend the SMA meetings?
- No, anyone is welcome to attend the SMA meetings. However, to be considered a member of the SMA, a person must pay a $20 fee for dues.
What are the dues for the year?
- A fee of $20 covers the full academic year and upon payment is non-refundable.
Why would I want to be a member of the SMA?
- Being a member of the SMA shows that you are dedicated to your own academic and professional advancement. This is an important quality that is sure to be considered in your application to the Sport Management Program.
If I am already in the program, why would I want to attend the SMA meetings?
- The SMA is also dedicated to trying to help students gain professional experience. We try to compile various volunteer opportunities and even internships to offer to the students of the SMA. We also try to schedule trips and other fun activities for all members of the SMA to participate in.