How to Apply to the Sport Management Program
- Complete 30 credit hours
- Earn a “C” or higher in three pre-admission courses. (BIO 103 or BIO 105 or MIC 100, C-S 101, and ESS 155)
- Have a GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Complete and submit application – Application can be found at the sport management website. Search “sport management” at the UW-L website.
Application must include:
- Cover letter that answers:
- Why you want to be a sport management major
- Experiences in the sport management field
- How will this major help achieve your goals
- What will you do if you don’t not get accepted
- Two sport management related job shadows
- Current copy of your transcript. It can be an unofficial transcript obtained through the University.
- Interview with the sport management screening committee. Interview time slots will be available when you turn in your application.
- A disk including all applicant materials is required with your application. Disk should include: cover letter, resume, two job shadow reports, PDF file or your transcript.
All application deadlines are October 1st,
and February 1st, at 5:00 P.M.
They are to be turned into the program director,
Dr. Chia-Chen Yu, 213 Mitchell Hall.
Candidates are limited to two application attempts during their academic career.
If you have any other questions about application to the Sport Management program, click here.