Information about Director Thaiss will be available soon!
The Environmental Sustainability Director will serve as a liaison between Student Association, environmental organizing groups, and individuals on campus and in the community of La Crosse that work on environmental issues. They will be charged with organizing campaigns to inform UW-L students of, and make progress toward, environmental sustainability on campus and strengthen the student voice around issues of environmental sustainability. The Environmental Sustainability Director will report directly to the President and Vice President. It shall be the duty of the Environmental Sustainability Director to:
1. Be actively involved with the Joint Committee on Environmental Sustainability,
2. Be actively involved in overseeing the Green Fund,
3. Establish and maintain relationships between other UW-System Student Government Environmental Sustainability Directors,
4. Advocate for issues pertaining to environmental sustainability within the campus, UW-System, State and national levels,
5. Attend UW-L Environmental Council meetings,
6. Co-chair the Green Transportation Council,
7. Meet with the UW-L Campus Planner and Director of Landscape Services as necessary,
8. Meet with leadership from UW-L campus food services to make efforts to bring local and/or sustainable food and beverage products to campus,
9. Meet regularly with the Graduate Assistant serving as University Centers Sustainability Coordinator, when applicable,
10. Run campaigns that promote campus wide practices of reducing, reusing, and recycling of goods,
11. Complete additional responsibilities that seem fitting and necessary and proper for the position.
Office Hours: By Appointment