Information about Director Dirth will be
The Legislative Issues Director will work directly with the United States Student Association (when applicable), United Council of UW Students (when applicable), Student Association President and Vice President.
The LID will be in charge of researching legislative issues on the state and federal level that will affect UWL students. Contact will be made with the corresponding legislators regarding UWLSA position.
It shall be the duty of the Legislative Issues Director
1. Write or assist in writing position resolutions concerning legislative issues,
2. Meet with both the Chancellor at least once during each semester,
3. Organize an on-campus forum for area legislators once a semester,
4. Required to attend USSA Legislative Conference as delegation leader (March), when applicable,
5. Attend or find appropriate replacement to USSA Congress as delegation leader (July), when applicable,
6. Sit on the UWLSA Joint Legislative and Regent Relations Committee,
7. During federal election years, the LID will assume the role of Get Out the Vote Coordinator, organizing a voter registration drive and distributing a non-partisan voting guide to the campus,
8. Complete additional responsibilities that seem fitting and necessary and proper for the position.
Office Hours: By Appointment