Kyle Slaby is a fifth year finance major. he has minors in
both accounting and communication studies, with an emphasis
on interpersonal communication. He hails from Waupaca,
Wisconsin, and plans on graduating in May 2013.
He came to La Crosse because of its sports management program but stayed because of the high quality in education and strong union between administration and students. As a result, he has been involved in a number of different organizations over his short five years here. He has served as an ARM for White Hall, an East At-Large Campus Representative for RHAC, treasurer for Reuter Hall, RHAC Senator, and the President of the student organization SPILL. Serving his fellow students has always been his passion.
He wanted to serve a great role this year within Student Senate. As the Local Affairs Director he hopes to work with leaders within City Council, and County Board as well as other local officials to advocated for students and UW-L.
The Director of Local Affairs is a liaison position which to maintain good communication between the students of UW-L and the City and County of La Crosse. The DoLA works with city officials to ensure that the students’ best interest is taken into account in regards to city policies. The DoLA oversees and works with any current contracts or agreements that the Student Association has with the City and County of La Crosse. It shall be the duty of the Director of Local Affairs to:
1. Meet with the District 5 Council member and County
Board Supervisor as needed,
2. Meet with La Crosse Police Department University Liaison Officer within the first month of each semester for reports or to build rapport,
3. Serve as the UWL representative on the MTU Board,
4. Actively seek out a position on a city board or committee in addition to the MTU Board,
5. Become familiar with the City Council members and seek to open lines of communication with them,
6. Attend and speak at City Council meetings on an at-need basis when issues arise that would affect the student population of UW-L,
7. Complete additional responsibilities that seem fitting and necessary and proper for the position.
Phone: (715) 281-0335
Office Hours: By Appointment