year's Public Relations Director, Katie
Couture, is a fifth year senior. She is a
broadcast and digital media major, working
on an English minor. She hales from West
Allis, Wisconsin, which is roughly 1 mile
out of Milwaukee.
Katie chose UW-L for it's large amount of opportunities for students within and outside of campus. She also enjoys the small campus, along with it's bluff backdrop. She is the general manager for UW-L's student run radio station, RAQ Radio and has loved being a part of other groups in the past, including RHAC and NRHH.
During the 2012-2013 school year, she wants to work hard to ensure that Student Association is showcased as a positive and professional governing body on campus. She intends to help organize events which will give students more knowledge about what UWLSA has done for them in the past, and what they're working on presently. Katie believes that Student Association is truly a great way for students' voices to be heard and is excited to be a part of it.
The Director of PR will be responsible for communication with the entire campus and community for Student Association. Duties may include writing press releases, setting up news conferences, and producing publicity for SA campaigns and events. The PR Director will report directly to the President and Vice President but will work closely with all of the SA directors and senators. It shall be the duty of the PR Director to:
1. Produce and assist in distribution of publicity for
campaigns and events. Publicity could include but is not
limited to press releases, fliers, table tents, posters, and
2. Work in conjunction with The Racquet and Campus Connection to inform the student body about weekly Student Association discussions and decisions,
3. Contact the La Crosse Tribune’s Higher Education reporter, and other members of the local media, to inform him/her about meetings, open forums, and any important Student Association topics/decisions,
4. Help in fielding any questions from local/national media outlets,
5. Weekly update of the UWLSA website,
6. Complete additional responsibilities that seem fitting and necessary and proper for the position.
Phone: (414) 704-0186
Office Hours: By Appointment