Information on Director Johnson will
be available soon!
The Shared Governance Director is responsible for ensuring that there is adequate student representation and participation in all shared governance activities at UW-La Crosse, in accordance with WI statue 36.09(5).
1. Primarily be responsible for ensuring that the
provisions in WI Statute 36.09(5) be carried out at UW-L,
2. Be a resource for the UWLSA on issues of Shared Governance,
3. Give at least one presentation during the school year that is open to all students on the importance of 36.09(5),
4. Present reports for the Student Senate regarding issues of shared Governance and explain their implications for the students of UW-L,
5. Chair of Academic Affairs Committee,
6. Attend and Faculty Senate meetings and be a liaison between that group and Student Senate,
7. Be in direct communication with the Faculty Senate Chair as needed,
8. Attend as many as UW System Board of Regents meetings as possible,
9. Be in regular contact with student and UW-L’s buddy Regents,
10. Be in regular contact with Shared Governance Directors in other campuses,
11. Follow the directives set forth by the Student Association President and Vice-President as well as develop new ideas for consideration by the President and Vice-President,
12. Complete additional responsibilities that seem fitting and necessary and proper for the position.