Stephanie Holt is serving as the Social Justice Director for
this year’s 2012-2013
school year. She is majoring in Public Administration and
minoring in Information Systems and Business.
She initially came to UW-L to major in Physical Therapy, but took the general education course POL 102 sophomore year and was hooked into public policy and politics (not that she didn’t already have an interest in
it). Stephanie has been heavily involved in both Senate and the Diversity Organization, Black Student Unity, since freshman year first semester. She understands the importance of government and the affects that it can have in citizens' lives, and in this case, students' lives, and understands that having your opinion heard and being aware of the issues is an necessary and important component of life. She enjoys knowing and being a part of it.
Stephanie's goal for Senate is just to serve and protect the rights, opinions, and actions of the UW-L students in all that they do.
The Social Justice Director will be charged with raising awareness and promoting social equality throughout campus. The Social Justice Director will work to promote an environment on the UW-L campus that is understanding and accepting of diversity. This shall be done by carrying out campaigns that involve and educate the entire campus of the social injustices that affect us as a university. It shall be the duty of the Social Justice Director to:
1. Carry out campus wide campaigns promoting social
2. Promote legislation towards diversifying our campus,
3. Serve on the Joint Minority Affairs Committee,
4. Serve on Campus Climate Council and the Hate Response Team,
5. Serve as the facilitator for the Diversity Organization Coalition (DOC),
6. Complete additional responsibilities that seem fitting and necessary and proper for the position.
Phone: (414) 243-4066
Office Hours: By Appointment