The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act requires that an annual report be available to all students on participation rates, financial support and coaching status data within intercollegiate athletics. Students are encouraged to review the full report by contacting the following offices: Athletics Office, 126 Mitchell Hall; Records and Registration Office, 117 Main Hall; Student Life Office, 149 Main Hall.
Student-athletes enrolled at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse should reflect the high standards of honesty and integrity as set by the NCAA for the conduct of intercollegiate athletics. As an NCAA member institution, UW-La Crosse strives to fulfill our educational mission and shares a right and responsibility to preserve order and encourage ethical, responsible behavior through the formulation of standards of conduct for student athletes in the intercollegiate athletics program.
Team membership and participation are privileges that have certain responsibilities. It is imperative that student athletes recognize the significance of their behavior as visible members of the campus and local communities. In addition you represent the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse, the Intercollegiate Athletics Program and your team at all times. You shall conduct yourself in a courteous, conscientious manner that reflects positively upon all that you represent. Your conduct shall be in accordance with the general university policies as stated throughout the Eagle Eye. You are also expected to conform to all federal, state, and local laws.
As a condition of team membership, you must comply with the policies and procedures of the NCAA or national governing body, the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletics Conference (WIAC) and the Intercollegiate Athletics Program throughout the academic year. In addition, you are subject to all the rules and regulations that are required for individual participation on your specific team.
A University of Wisconsin-La Crosse student-athlete should compete with pride and respect for their university as well as their opponents. Fair, sports-like actions are encouraged and expected by all student-athletes.
UW-L Athletics Program's Mission Statement
The mission of the programs in intercollegiate athletics is to enhance the goals of the university through the non-scholarship philosophy of the NCAA Division III. Emphasis is placed on academic success, student development, enrollment and retention of student-athletes, and maintenance of a broad-based program that serves to enhance participation opportunities.
STUDENT ATHLETE BILL OF RIGHTS
As a student-athlete at UW-L, you shall have the right to be treated as an individual of worth, with both respect and dignity in all aspects of your athletics experience. Additionally you have certain rights which are detailed below:
1. Your rights under the law will be upheld at all
2. Your right to confidentiality will be held in the highest regard by all members of the Intercollegiate Athletics Program as outlined by UW-L and Wisconsin state statutes.
3. You have the right to respectful treatment by your peers and by members of the Intercollegiate Athletics Program.
4. You have the right to be informed of and offered an opportunity to participate in an impartial review which will afford fundamental due process before termination from a team occurs for reasons other than those permitted by the NCAA.
5. You have the same personal rights and responsibilities as all other students at UW-L when not under the jurisdiction or supervision of Athletics Program personnel outside the NCAA playing practice season limitations.
6. You have the right to present any violation of your rights to the athletics administration of the Intercollegiate Athletics Program or the UW-L student grievance procedure. If the problem is not resolved you may appeal to the Athletics Committee.
All questions and concerns should be addressed with the
Director of Athletics at extension 58616.