- The Green Fund was proposed by students and passed in a student referendum in the spring of 2008 by a vote of 2222 to 275. It is a reserve funded by a $5 segregated fee levied each semester to every student.
- This yields about $80,000 per year.
- Applications for projects funded by this money are collected and reviewed by the Joint Committee on Environmental Sustainability, then forwarded to the Student Association Apportionment Committee, and then proposed for final approval by the Student Senate.
- Students, faculty, and staff are all encouraged to propose projects and funding from the Green Fund. We value innovation and cooperation- greening UW-L is something we must do together.
- The “Environmental Sustainability Reserve” money may be spent on renewable energy and energy efficiency systems for non-GPR facilities on the UW-L campus.
Have an idea to make UW-L greener? Propose it!