Senior Capstone Project--Production Management
Create a proposal in conjunction with your faculty advisor for submission to the department committee by mid-semester the semester before you plan to execute your Senior Project. Your proposal must include:
- Title of work and author.
- A brief statement on why this project should be your capstone project.
- Project deadlines. (Consult the Department Production Calendar)
- An up-to-date resume.
- Current GPA.
Upon approval of the Senior Capstone Project, the student is expected to complete the following:
- Act as stage management coordinator for the semester for both Toland and Frederick Theatres.
- In conjunction with production stage managers, organize and run all department production meetings.
- Coordinate scheduling of rehearsal spaces, primarily involved with Frederick Theatre.
- Track production budgets for the semester coordinating with the Production Manager or Department Chair.
- Update and revise all stage management forms as needed.
- Attend part of at least one rehearsal per week to monitor production stage manager’s progress.
- Schedule weekly meetings with the Stage Management Supervisor for project updates.
Following completion of the production assignment, submit a completed management portfolio package. This package will include:
- Statement of Purpose.
- Completed Budget Forms.
- Any revised forms or materials produced during the project.
- Summary of the semester paying particular attention to the duties and responsibilities you had over the course of the assignment.
- All materials will be portfolio quality and will not be returned.
After the advisor has approved the portfolio, the student production manager will formally present his/her portfolio to the department committee. The committee will confer with the advisor and a grade will be assigned. Your advisor will communicate the grade as soon as possible.