Main Deck/State Room
Skits and other forms of entertainment sponsored by recognized student organizations and scheduled through the University Reservations & Support Services Office may be held in the Main Deck/State Room during open hours.
Candidates for federal and state offices may be scheduled in the State Room during open hours with prior permission of the Student Activities Committee.
Port O'Call Lounge
Special furnishings have been used to make the room a comfortable area for student interaction, small conversations, and study. Receptions, discussion groups and individual study at tables are typical uses of this area.
Priority for the Ward Room is the food service operation.
At all other times the Ward Room is open for scheduled, special events such as catered functions, and meetings.
Valhalla A & B is designed as a large specialized programming area equipped with a stage and a seating capacity of 900. Therefore, the following types of events can be scheduled in Valhalla on a first come first serve basis. (Priority for food service).
- Musical performances including orchestras, choral groups, and contemporary musical groups.
- Film (contingent on available projection equipment).
- Special Events (such as weddings or exhibits).
The following are established for the use of the Valhalla stage
- One AV Tech will be made available by Cartwright Center from the Communication Technician Staff, when needed for an event sponsored by an organization or department.
- Based on the technical requirements of the event, the communications coordinator will determine if another AV Tech will be needed. A fee will be charged for additional technicians.
- A member of the sponsoring organization shall be responsible for dressing room and the enforcement of facility policies.
- Food and beverages are limited to the dressing rooms. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the stage area, including the dressing room areas. Smoking is not allowed on stage or in the dressing room areas.
- Portable staging is available for use on the stage. The staging will be set up by Cartwright Center personnel. The staging may not be within five (5) feet of the edge of the stage.
- Rehearsals for performance in Valhalla are limited to (2) per event unless special approval is secured from the University Centers Office.
- A piano is provided by the Department of University Centers. The performing group is responsible for tuning the piano unless otherwise defined in the performance contract.
- No smoke devices, fog devices, etc. are allowed on stage due to the sensitivity of the fire safety system.
General Policies for Valhalla: Organizations sponsoring activities are responsible for following all policies established for Valhalla. The organization should designate a person to be responsible for ensuring that all policies are enforced.
- All federal, state, and local laws must be enforced.
- All fire codes must be enforced.
- The stage may not be reserved without reserving Valhalla B.
- Organizations are responsible for notifying food service if there are any food or beverage requirements.
- The technology coordinator is responsible for advising the group whether the Center's equipment is adequate for handling the events sound and lighting requirements.
As a multipurpose room, Valhalla will be scheduled for a variety of events. Valhalla may not be reserved for more than three days in a row for one event of activity without special approval. If more time is required, a request must be made in writing to the Student Services and Buildings Committee.
Student Association has priority of this room for Student Senate meetings.
This room has been designated as the Commuter Lounge. The area has tables for study, a message board and a suggestion box.
Two television lounges have been established in Cartwright Center.
One lounge is located on the third floor in the Heritage Lounge.
The other television lounge is located on the second floor in the area outside rooms 256 and 257.
Both lounges are open during all hours the building is open. Channels may be changed according to the viewers' preferences.
Food is allowed, however, any plates or trays should be returned to the cafeteria area when you leave the lounge area.
Informal lounges are available on the second and third floors, as well as the mezzanine of Cartwright Center.
Click here for a printable version.
|Room||Dimensions||Total Square Ft.||Theatre||Classroom Style||Conference||Banquet Style||Standing|
|259||24x47'||1128||-||-||48 @ round
tables of 4
|Valhalla Stage Side||47x67'||3149||350||84||39||144||450|
¹ Capacity depends on specific setup needs and participant sightlines.
² Open dining area - no closed or ticketed events. Can be reserved only when the dining service is not operating or for student entertainment purposes.