Table Reservation Policy
- Groups may reserve one table per building per day.
- All tables must remain in their assigned location.
- Tables should be reserved at least one week prior to the event.
- Tables may be scheduled for up to three consecutive days per week.
- Tables must be staffed at all times.
- All reservations for sponsored vendor sales (jewelry, posters, sweaters) must be made by a represejtat9ive of the sponsoring organization.
- Non-sponsored tab le rental costs are determined by type of activity:
- Charges for outside vendors (except credit card vendors) are: $75.00 the first day; $50.00 the second day, and $25.00 the third day.
- Charges for campus community vendors (i.e. students, faculty, staff) are 10% of total sales up to the per day charges for outside vendors.
- All products sold by vendors must be approved by the
Office of University Centers.
On October 14, 1998 the UW-L Student Association passed the following resolution regarding credit card solicitations on campus:
Whereas student debt is an increasingly large problem and many students are uneducated regarding sound financial management. Whereas we are an institution of higher learning and students here should not be subjected to verbal harassment and solicitation; Therefore be it resolved that Student Association
- disallow verbal soliciting from credit card table vendors.
- disallow free gifts from credit card tables unless gifts are given without need to sign up for a credit card.
- require credit card tables to have a recognized student organization as a sponsor.
- require the credit card vendor to give $3.00 per credit card and a $100 sponsor fee per set-up on campus (maximum of 3 days for $100) to the recognized student organization.
- ban credit card tables and all other vendors from academic buildings.
- require vendors to give out a pamphlet regarding sound financial management and debt to students who sign up for credit cards.
Non-Sponsored vendors must be pre-approved by the Scheduling Office.