Frequently Asked Questions
- I do not want the HigherOne Debit Account (MasterCard), do I have to activate my card?
- Do I have to open up the debit account?
- What is the difference between the TowerOne Account and Campus Cash?
- How much does it cost for a lost card?
- Does it cost anything for a broken card?
- Do I need this card in order to do laundry?
- Can I change my picture on this card?
Yes, the UW-L ID card is more than just a debit card. This is your ID card to access many things on campus. Until the card is activated it will not work on campus either. This includes meal plans, campus cash, and Res Hall access.
No, the debit account is there for convenience. This account is only opened if you choose it to be.
The TowerOne account is the debit account that is associated with HigherOne banking. This account can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted. This is the student's own personal bank account.
Campus Cash is an internal debit account that can be spent on campus. Uses for this include coffee shops, Pepsi machines, laundry, dining locations, and bookstore.
The cost to replace a lost or stolen card is $20.00. This is charged to your student bill and can be paid with the tuition bill. We do need to charge this, because we get charged when we order these replacement cards.
There is no cost for a broken or damaged card, however, you do need to bring the broken/damaged card to the card office when you order a new card. This broken/damaged card does need to be the most recent card you have had.
You do need an ID card with Campus Cash on it to do laundry in the Residence halls. The laundry machines do not take cash.
No, your picture cannot be changed. The picture you take for your first card is the picture you use for your entire undergrad enrollment.