Media Relations: For the Campus Community
The University Communications News & Marketing team seeks to generate media coverage that will enhance the image of UW-L. We are responsible for releasing all university news printed and online (except athletics which is provided by the Sports Information Director); submitting stories to local, regional and national media outlets; and arranging media coverage of events and programs.
Contact us with information about research, programs, issues, people and events. We will work with you to determine if this is newsworthy and the appropriate audience for your message or craft the appropriate message for your audience.
While we can't promise media coverage of every event, program or story suggestion, we will assess the newsworthiness of activities and, depending on the story and timing, may do one of the following:
- Write a story for Campus Connection, the university's internal newsletter and/or website
- Write and distribute a news release
- "Pitch" the story to a reporter or producer
- Promote the story as part of a trend (something happening in higher education across the state, for example)
- Consult with you on how to get publicity, what is news, how to work with the media and how your news helps to build the positive image of the university
- Take photographs at an event