for UB seniors and parents
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15
2:00 to 7:00 p.m.
150 Murphy Resource Center, UW-La Crosse
Early in January, you were mailed a large envelope with your
LETTER and information about this FAFSA workshop.
If you haven't yet read the materials, READ THEM NOW!
You will need to bring and/or know:
* BEFORE YOU COME: Complete and file your 2012 federal income tax return - parent(s) and student
* BEFORE YOU COME: Get (or know) your FAFSA pin - parent(s) and student
* Bring your COMPLETED FAFSA on the Web worksheet
* Bring OFFICIAL Federal and State of Wisconsin Social Security and/or SSI and/or TANF statements (if applicable)
* BRING Student's Alien Registration Number and Permanent Residency Card (if applicable)
* Bring student's current high school transcript including first semester, senior year (for TIP Grant)
* Bring student's personal statement (for TIP Grant) from summer senior seminar (if applicable)
* Bring COMPLETED TIP grant application (only if attending school in Wisconsin) signed by parent/guardian
* Alien residents only – BRING Student's Alien Registration Number and Permanent Residency Card (if applicable)
THIS **IS** MORE IMPORTANT THAN WORK, SHOPPING, WATCHING A MOVIE, HANGING OUT or OTHER STUFF
+ + + + + + + + + +
Completing your FAFSA will take about ONE HOUR.
Please plan to come by or BEFORE 6:00 p.m.
If you are not available, please
call UB (608 785-8539) or email UpwardBound@uwlax.edu
to make other arrangements.
We will help you file your application electronically.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE.
ATTENTION CLASS OF 2013!
This is a BIG YEAR for you! You will apply for colleges and scholarships this year! This will mean making sure you check your mail and email regularly, respond in a timely manner to all important Upward Bound and college notices, organize and keep organized all college application related materials and pay attention to deadlines!
KEEP UB INFORMED!
· If you need help deciding or applying to colleges
· If you need help with your application essay
· If you need help asking for recommendations
· If you need help organizing your stuff
· If you get an acceptance, wait list or rejection letter from a college
· If you need help with a scholarship application
· If you get a scholarship
· If you have any other questions, problems, concerns or good news about this process!
Seniors will not get stipends until UB has their college acceptance/rejection letters, ACT scores, and (for spring stipends) copy of Student Aid Report!