WGSS and AAUW
UW-La Crosse is a University Partner Member of the American Association of University Women (AAUW).
Benefits of College/University Partner Membership in AAUW :
- $3,000,000 in scholarships available nationally.
- 1,000 Community Action grants.
- Database of AAUW Undergraduate students.
- Funding to send students to National Leadership Conference in June.
- A Voice in Washington…AAUW does advocacy/education to legislators…e.g. Lilly Ledbetter Act wouldn’t have happened without AAUW advocacy.
Benefits for students specifically:
- Free affiliate membership as an E-student.
- Access to publications of AAUW at AAUW.ORG.
- Campus Action Grants that are AAUW Mission based (presently Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics emphasis)
- Offer Smart Salary Negotiation Workshops (because salary discrimination begins here).
- Campaign College trains women to run for Student Senate
- Study Abroad experience (coming soon) where students get to meet and work with CEO and heads of NGOs around the world.
- 15% discount on Princeton Review, LSAT, MCAT, etc. and test preparation workshops.
- Membership continues for one year after graduation.
- Students can start satellite AAUW student group on campus.
- AAUW on Face book, TWITTER, etc.,
If you want to become a free AAUW E-Student member, contact Sandra Krajewski BY EMAIL (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will register you as a member.