The UW-La Crosse Academic Advising Center is committed to providing all students with developmental academic advising grounded in teaching and based on valuing a liberal arts education. Through this process students will ideally develop the skills and self-knowledge to be adaptable, accountable & lifelong learners. This results in the ability to set personal goals and to make intelligent educational, career, and life choices to achieve those goals.
The AAC works primarily with assigned undeclared students. We also assist declared majors that have general advising questions or are contemplating a major change. We are committed to providing UWL students with individualized & group advising in the following areas:
- Undergraduate academic policies & procedures
- UWL degree requirements (General Education, Majors, Minors, College core)
- Major & Career exploration
- Course registration, withdrawal, and planning
- Academic difficulties (e.g. Eagle Alert, probation, ineligible to return)
- Personal concerns
- Transfer of credit to UWL
Additional resources from our office are...
- Advisors within first-year Residence Halls (Coate, Laux, and White Halls)
- Referrals to Academic Departments & Campus Offices dedicated to Student Success
- Peer advisors
In the Fall and Spring semesters, students can utilize the AAC during our drop-in advising hours. During the first week of the semester, all student contact will be conducted on a "drop in" basis only. Starting with the second week of classes, Thursday will serve as the drop-in advising day for the remainder of the semester. If your advising concerns can't be dealt with during drop-in hours, we may ask you to schedule an appointment to return at another time