The Academic Advising Center and Career Services is a team of educators who advise, encourage, challenge, and support students in their academic planning and career development. We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation in services and programming. We seek to empower students to pursue the knowledge and experience necessary to make informed academic and career decisions congruent with their values and identity, leading to success at UWL and beyond.
We aspire to engage all UWL students in developmental, proactive, academic and career planning so they will confidently pursue their educational, career, and life goals.
The AAC works primarily with Undeclared majors (College of Science & Health, College of Liberal Studies, School of Arts & Communication, and School of Education) but any UWL student wanting advice and assistance is welcome. We are committed to providing UWL students with individualized & group advising in the following areas:
- Undergraduate academic policies & procedures
- UWL degree requirements (General Education, Majors, Minors, College core)
- Major & Career exploration
- Course registration, withdrawal, and planning
- Academic difficulties (e.g. Eagle Alert, probation, ineligible to return)
- Personal concerns
- Transfer of credit to UWL
- Referrals to Academic Departments & Campus Offices dedicated to Student Success
Scheduled Advising Appointments
- Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- To schedule call 608.785.6950.
Drop In Advising:
- Thu: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Note: If you need to change or cancel an appointment, please contact your AAC advisor at least 24 hours in advance. Students that are 10 minutes late to an appointment will need to reschedule