Temporary disabilities/injuries

Important Information

The ACCESS Center is currently open.  Please contact us using either your assigned advisor's individual contact information below, or if you have not yet been assigned an advisor you may call or email the main office. 

Students needing to schedule appointments with an advisor can schedule with their individual advisor or call our front desk to make an appointment.  Appointments can be scheduled for video conference calls or an in-person meeting depending on your advisor.


Important Dates:

December 24-25 - Office Closed, University Holiday

December 28, 29, 30 - ACCESS Center office open, limited staffing

December 31-January 1 - Office Closed, University Holiday

January 4 - First day of class, Winter Term

January 18 - Office Closed, University Holiday

January 22 - Last day of class and Final exams, Winter Term

February 1 - First day of class, Spring Term

May 7 - Last day of class, Spring Term

May 10-14 - Final exams, Spring Term

Individuals with temporary disabilities are encouraged to register with the ACCESS Center and meet with an advisor to discuss appropriate accommodations. Temporary disabilities can include but are not limited to concussions, broken limbs, or post-surgical procedures. All temporary disabilities are handled on a case-by-case basis so accommodations may not always be available. 


Medical Equipment

A list of community resources is available in the Student Resource Guide on the ACCESS Center Student Resources Page.


For a temporary medical condition, a handicapped parking sticker can be obtained through the Wisconsin Department of Transportation located at 9477 HWY 16 East in Onalaska. For more information please call the local DMV at 608-264-7447. A valid UWL parking permit is still required to park on campus.

Residence Life

 If residence hall accessibility is needed, please register with The ACCESS Center and meet with an advisor. We will then contact the Office of Residence Life and make recommendations for appropriate accommodations. 

Student Life

 If an extended absence notification (more than one week) or withdrawal from the university, including medical withdrawal, is needed, contact the Student Life Office located in 149 Main Hall at 608.785.8062.