Learn how to apply as a:
Tuition and housing costs
While the overall costs of attending college vary with each student, there are certain costs which can be anticipated.
Estimated 2018-19 costs for full time undergraduate students are:
|Student Base Budget||WI resident||MN resident||Non-resident||MSEP||WI/MN commuter|
|Room ? (traditional double)||$3,882||$3,882||$3,882||$3,882||0|
|Food(Eagle meal plan)||$2,493||$2,493||$2,493||$2,493||0|
|TOTALS (divide in half for per semester costs)||$15,633||$15,633
Additional estimated personal expenses for the year: $1,500-$2,000
To view current Graduate cost information, please visit the UWL Cost to Attend page.
UW-La Crosse offers several additional options to help students and families control the cost of attending college, including:
- textbook rental: included in undergraduate tuition and fees!
- UW-La Crosse Foundation Scholarships: Applications due February 1.
- non-resident tuition reduction programs
- credit by exam: Advanced Placement, CLEP, International Baccalaureate (IB), and retroactive credit
- a four year graduation agreement
- acceptance of courses for college credit taken in high school, including through programs such as the College Credit Program (CCP), College in the Schools (CIS), Cooperative Academic Partnership Program (CAPP), Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), and Youth Options.