Learn how to apply as a:
All new first year undergraduate students, exchange students and some contract students are required to live in campus housing. All housing contracts are for a full academic year, unless you are on a one semester exchange/contract program.
If you are required to live in campus housing or wish to apply to live on campus, you must apply online. Please note: international students do not need to pay the enrollment deposit in order to apply for campus housing.
For a list of estimated housing costs, please visit the Office of Residence Life website.
Note: If you arrive early, you will be charged $35 per night to stay in campus housing, pending availability.
Residence Hall Options
- Eagle Hall - Triple rooms are available in a shared suite setting.
- Reuter Hall - Only single rooms are available in a shared apartment setting. This hall is generally for students older than 20.
Follow these instructions to begin your housing application:
- Go to WINGS, wings.uwlax.edu, and log in.
- Select the "UW-La Crosse" dropdown at the top left of the screen.
- Select the "Residence Life" dropdown at the top left of the screen.
- Select the "Housing Application" link.
- At the new screen, select the "Housing Application" link and follow the instructions to apply.
- Review and agree to the housing contract and agree to the terms and conditions
- Review your current housing and emergency contact information
- Choose your hall preferences
- Identify pertinent medical conditions
- Choose your meal plan
- Review your application summary to ensure accuracy
Living off-campus is not recommended for ESL students and freshmen/first year students. If you prefer to live off-campus, you should make arrangements prior to your arrival in La Crosse. Finding off-campus housing may take time and fills quickly as many other students are also searching or already have made arrangements for cheap and convenient rentals. Below are a few community resources available to help you in your search.