Learn how to apply as a:
All new freshmen, exchange students and some contract students are required to live in campus housing. All housing contracts are for a full academic year, unless you are on a one semester exchange/contract program.
If you are required to live in campus housing or wish to apply to live on campus, you must apply online.
For a list of estimated housing costs, please visit the Office of Residence Life website.
Note: If you arrive before the designated arrival dates, you will be charged $35 per night to stay in campus housing, pending availability.
Residence Hall Options
- Eagle Hall - Triple rooms are available in a shared suite setting.
- Reuter Hall - Only single rooms are available in a shared apartment setting. This hall is generally for students older than 20.
Follow these instructions to begin your housing application:
- Go to WINGS and log in using your UWL username and password
- Select the "UW-La Crosse" dropdown at the top left of the screen
- Select the "Residence Life" dropdown at the top left of the screen
- Select the "Housing Application" link (Safari is not compatible with our housing application. Make sure to turn off the pop-up blockers.)
- Review and agree to the housing contract terms and conditions
- Review your application summary for accuracy
This is a legally binding contract that cannot be cancelled without penalty after May 1, 2018 if you attend UW-La Crosse during the academic year 2018-19.
If you cancel after May 1, you forfeit the $150 housing deposit.
Living off-campus is not recommended for ESL students and freshmen/first year students. If you prefer to live off-campus, you should make arrangements prior to your arrival in La Crosse. Finding off-campus housing may take time and fills quickly as many other students are also searching or already have made arrangements for cheap and convenient rentals. To assist you with the process of finding off-campus accommodations, the Office of Residence Life provides a guide for living off-campus on their website.