University of Wisconsin-La Crosse |


Expand page menu
Skip to page menu

Transfer credit

Course descriptions must be submitted before you begin your studies at UW-La Crosse.

Additional information may be requested on a case-by-case basis.

How will your credits transfer?

An official credit evaluation is performed after admittance to the university and submission of the enrollment deposit.  

Please review the Transfer Credit Policy for guidance on how your credits might transfer to UW-La Crosse, including information about Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Exam Program (CLEP), and International Baccalaureate (IB) credits. For questions about scheduling and academic advising, please consult the Academic Advising Center's list of frequently asked questions.

Credit is generally awarded for college-level course work completed at institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).  Foreign institutions must be recognized by the appropriate authority in that country, such as the Ministry of Education. Courses must be similar in nature, level, and content to a course in our undergraduate curriculum and applicable to one of our academic programs.  Continuing education courses, graduate-level courses, and courses that are remedial, technical, vocational, or doctrinal in nature are not transferable.