Learn how to apply as a:
Admitted new freshman
Congratulations on your admission to UW-La Crosse!
We look forward to you joining our new freshman class. Please follow the steps included within your admission packet and below so that you are prepared to join our campus community this coming fall.
Your admission is contingent on successful completion of your senior year schedule as indicated on your application; therefore, you must receive prior approval to make a schedule change.
To submit a schedule change, email email@example.com the following information in the format below:
- Course(s) name you would like to drop
- Course(s) name you would like to add to replace dropped course
- Reason for the schedule change
- Full name and date of birth or student ID
You will receive a response approving or denying the change. Please allow up to five business days for the Admissions Office to review your request and send a response.
- Submit the $100 Enrollment Deposit through your WINGS Student Center. Housing information will be mailed to you a few business days after you complete this step. Please note: The enrollment deposit is fully refundable upon written request to cancel admission prior to May 1.
- Complete the Next Steps Checklist (printed on blue paper) that was sent with your admission packet.
- Connect with us on social media!
- October: Submit FAFSA beginning in October.
- February: Sign up to take Placement Tests before May 31.
- April: Make sure you have submitted the enrollment deposit so that you receive START information in the mail in April.
- May 31: Deadline to sign-up for START and to take Placement Tests.
- June: Attend START on your registered date.
- July: Housing and Roommate assignments will be emailed to your UWLAX email account.
- September: Move-in Labor Day weekend and begin fall classes on Tuesday!