Career Services has found that one of the most effective ways to reach out to students on career planning issues is by having strong relationships with the academic departments. Below are a few ways for us connect and share information.
To gain student access to Handshake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UW-La Crosse Internship Program is one of the largest centralized internship programs in Wisconsin. Faculty and staff participate in the internship program, and Career Services hosts frequent information sessions for students interested in internships. Click on the Career Events link for more information.
- Fall 2017 Faculty Intern Advisor Updates
- Intern Faculty Advisor Orientation
- Internship FAQ's
- Getting the most out of your internship - All interns receive this documents.
- NACE Career Readiness Competencies (Handout)- These competencies are reflected in the UW-La Crosse Career Services internship evaluation process for both students and employers.
Career Services staff members make hundreds of classroom presentations each year on a variety of topics. We can come to your class to present on a variety of career topics from a full range of presentations or to just a short introduction on our office services and resources. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Career Services at 608.785.8514 or contact directly the career advisors within your major/college specialization.
Although not every UWL major is covered, What Can I do with this Major? can be a great resource to help students make major and career decisions. Additional resources are available on the left menu under Major and Career Exploration as well as in Handshake.
Extensive career resources are available on the Career Services website. Additionally, Career Services staff members are available to meet with students to discuss any of the following topics:
- Career options & employment trends
- Resumes & cover letters
- Post graduation employment
- Graduate school applications
Career Services encourages faculty and staff to participate in networking opportunities with employers. Here are a few ways faculty and staff can work with employers to further the career development of UWL students.
- On-Campus Recruiting - Lunch with an employer? Occasionally employers request to meet with a faculty member for lunch in between their interviews on campus. If you are interested, please contact Rebecca Lee in Career Services at 608.785.8362.
- Employer Presentations - Employers often ask to do presentations in the classes or to student organizations. If you would be interested in hosting an employer presentation, please email or call Career Services 608.785.8514.
- UWL Career Events- View an upcoming list of events on our Welcome page. Faculty and staff are welcomed and encouraged to attend the events.
- Review the National Association of Colleges and Employers Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring.
Email email@example.com or call 608.785.8514, with any questions or suggestions you have regarding connecting with employers or upcoming events.